News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Man cannot live by Tool alone.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 12, 2015, 06:26:00 PM
Oh dear. RIP Steve Strange :(
http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/feb/12/new-romantic-steve-strange-dies
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMPC8QJF6sI

Nice story by Kim Wilde:

My date with Steve Strange

By pop singer Kim Wilde

Steve took me out on a date to the iconic Langan's Brasserie in Mayfair right at the beginning of my career in 1981.

I was very in awe of him only having just met him, but we quickly became friends and laughed at ourselves ordering sausage and mash with champagne.

As we left, the press descended on us, we both pouted furiously and headed off to The Blitz club where we bumped into Marilyn and a host of exotic, beautiful New Romantics, drank vodka and crashed out at his apartment in Notting Hill.

When I woke up in the spare room the next morning, I wandered through his elegant apartment to find him asleep with his eye mask on. I guess he didn't get to be that flawless without a beauty regime, he certainly had looked far more glamorous than I did the previous evening.

Steve will be remembered as the most elegant and beautiful of the New Romantics at the beginning of the 80s. I'm so grateful that life brought Steve and I together, he was funny, great company and completely bonkers in the most adorable way.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

lol, Lois Lane has so many tats.

Admiral Yi

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

CountDeMoney

Popeye doesn't have a Superman tee, Superman tats, or a Superman medallion, Yi.  Only Superman rolls like that.

Admiral Yi

She looks more like Olive Oyle than Lois Lane.

lustindarkness

I need to rewatch the Robin Williams Popeye, for some reason I remember it as a watchable movie.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Admiral Yi

Science!!

Just read in The Economist that if your ring finger is longer than your index, that means you were exposed to more testosterone in the womb, and that correlates to promiscuity.

Which of your fingers is longer?  :ph34r:

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

All my fingers are the same length.  Stupid lawn mower. <_<
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

I'm not promiscuous, but it certainly isn't from lack of trying.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

Quote from: lustindarkness on February 13, 2015, 09:50:56 AM
I need to rewatch the Robin Williams Popeye, for some reason I remember it as a watchable movie.

I remember differently.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 13, 2015, 01:31:05 PM
Science!!

Just read in The Economist that if your ring finger is longer than your index, that means you were exposed to more testosterone in the womb, and that correlates to promiscuity.

Which of your fingers is longer?  :ph34r:
I've read that it's the other way around.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point