News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Zanza on February 16, 2015, 04:26:12 AM
I am currently doing a 1500 Euro training and the coach is wasting the time with an hour of introduction of all participants...

While I can appreciate the German desire not to interact with other human beings they don't know on a social level, sometimes interpersonal dynamics cannot be avoided.

Agelastus

If I say that a newly acquired office chair with "Ergonomic back design with lumbar support" is the most uncomfortable bit of furniture I've ever sat in does this mean that -

(a) The chair's design is faulty?
(b) My back is already beyond redemption?
(c) Something else?

:hmm:

"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

mongers

Quote from: Agelastus on February 16, 2015, 10:58:01 AM
If I say that a newly acquired office chair with "Ergonomic back design with lumbar support" is the most uncomfortable bit of furniture I've ever sat in does this mean that -

(a) The chair's design is faulty?
(b) My back is already beyond redemption?
(c) Something else?

:hmm:

You're arse* muscles aren't firm enough, they go a long way in supporting your posture whilst sitting.

* technical term.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

Have you adjusted it to your dimensions?

Agelastus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 16, 2015, 11:00:55 AM
Have you adjusted it to your dimensions?

Other than tilting it and raising it up and down for my appropriate leg height? No, as there's nothing else that can be adjusted

And mongers...technical term, eh? :P I'm not convinced a firmer posterior would affect the issue.

If normal people are comfortable with this sort of "lumbar support" (and the chair has 10 reviews on Amazon, 9 five star, one three star, most of which say "how comfortable" it is) then all I can say is that I can never have sat properly in my life, apparently.

Tempted to place a bad review on Amazon, although given the "it's so comfortable" reviews I'll concentrate on the other issue - the fact that they provided powder coated screws, when said screws are actually not visible when it's built, thus making it harder to assemble than it needed to be. :)
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be

Agelastus

Oh, and a relative has just agreed with me about the uncomfortableness of "lumbar support" chairs ("I've never liked them".)

Could be a family thing, I guess? :)
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be

Admiral Yi

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Agelastus

Probably.

I've always been a lazy person so having my normal posture described as a slouch wouldn't surprise me.

I tend to lean forward slightly when I type (as I am doing now, for example) but even then I feel as if I'm being forced into an uncomfortable posture.

Maybe it'll be better tomorrow...after all, I think my back is actually hurting a bit from assembling it anyway. Other bits of me certainly are, anyway. :D
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be

crazy canuck

Quote from: Neil on February 15, 2015, 12:46:34 AM
Quote from: Barrister on February 14, 2015, 10:43:21 PM
Quote from: Neil on February 14, 2015, 01:03:57 AM
I decided to give up my concrete tower and buy a house.

You picked an inopportune time to do that, right where house prices look to be crashing.
It'll be cheaper than paying my rent, short-term fluctuations in housing prices are irrelevant if you're planning on living there long term...

Generally yes, but when those short term housing prices become very predictable it doesn't make much sense to pick an inopportune time to enter the market.

Josquius

A random cat came in my apartment. Ran around for a few minutes then left.
Have I been cursed?
██████
██████
██████

Agelastus

Quote from: Tyr on February 16, 2015, 05:13:58 PM
A random cat came in my apartment. Ran around for a few minutes then left.
Have I been cursed?

No more than I've been cursed by the cat that decided to climb onto the bush outside my front window and have a shit on top of it.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be

Admiral Yi

In Switzerland, if a strange cat comes into your house, that means you are cursed to be crabby and negative your whole life and to speak with an unintelligible accent.

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 16, 2015, 05:28:27 PM
In Switzerland, if a strange cat comes into your house, that means you are cursed to be crabby and negative your whole life and to speak with an unintelligible accent.

:lol:

MadImmortalMan

Several towns in West Virginia are being evacuated because a train carrying oil derailed.

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers