News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Siege on February 12, 2015, 02:25:07 PM
No way. Elizabeth Hurley is waaaay hotter.
And aging way better too.

A Bonham Carter in the hand is better than a Hurley in the... err halfway across the world and not interested.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

NBC News is looking for a new anchor.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Caliga

"Back to you, Cal."
"Thanks, Bill.  In other boobs... I mean news..."

Caliga

Looks like I'll be getting tickets for a Jimmy Buffet concert in Cinci in June. :cool:

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on February 12, 2015, 03:32:58 PM
Looks like I'll be getting tickets for a Jimmy Buffet concert in Cinci in June. :cool:

Parrotheads :bleeding:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

Sheilbh

Eating cranachan in bed watching TV. Can't work out if this is a low or a delirious new high :(
Let's bomb Russia!

Liep

I just completed a four suits spider solitaire. I'm very pleased.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

CountDeMoney

QuoteSpeaking of Science
The gray wolf spotted near the Grand Canyon this fall has already been killed by a hunter
By Sarah Larimer, February 12
Washington Post

Late last year, a gray wolf was seen near the north rim of the Grand Canyon. This type of sighting hadn't happened for decades, so we wrote about it, obviously.

People seemed fairly jazzed about the find, because it wasn't a thing that happens every day. "We're pretty excited about it," Michael Robinson, a conservation advocate with the Center for Biological Diversity, told The Washington Post.

But in late December, a northern gray wolf was fatally shot by a hunter in Utah. Wildlife officials said the shooting was an accident; the hunter thought the wolf was a coyote.

And now, tests have confirmed that the wolf shot by the hunter was the same one caught prowling near the Grand Canyon in the fall, officials said in a news release Wednesday.

"Echo came to a heartbreaking end, but her odyssey through forest and desert shows that excellent habitat still remains for wolves in the American West," Michael Robinson, a conservation advocate with the Center for Biological Diversity, said in the release, which stated that Echo got its name after "a contest of hundreds of schoolchildren around the world."

When Echo first made news a few months ago, Live Science detailed the history of gray wolves in the United States. According to that Live Science report:

By the mid-20th century, the only places gray wolves could be found below the Canadian border were a sliver of land in northern Minnesota and Michigan's Isle Royale.

The species was then protected under the Endangered Species Act in the 1970s. Conservation efforts and reintroduction programs helped gray wolves return to parts of their range. There are now more than 5,000 gray wolves in the continental United States, primarily in the western Great Lakes states of Michigan, Minnesota and Wisconsin, and the northern Rocky Mountain states of Idaho, Montana and Wyoming, as well as eastern Oregon and Washington.

Echo was a 3-year old female wolf, according to the Center for Biological Diversity news release. She was given a radio collar after she was previously caught in Wyoming, the center stated.

It also noted that she had "traveled at least 750 miles seeking a mate across a vast region that is entirely bereft of wolves."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on February 12, 2015, 03:42:55 PM
Quote from: Caliga on February 12, 2015, 03:32:58 PM

Parrotheads :bleeding:

Stoner music.  :bleeding:

DGuller

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 12, 2015, 11:29:14 PM
QuoteSpeaking of Science
The gray wolf spotted near the Grand Canyon this fall has already been killed by a hunter
:hmm: I was trying to figure out for a minute or two how a wolf can be spotted after being killed by a hunter.