News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Italian chicks:  hairier than katmai after a 14 day shoot in the Alaskan outback.

Sheilbh

New Year's honours list. Generally I don't care, but I'm very happy that it's finally Sir John Hurt :w00t:
Let's bomb Russia!

Razgovory

So after gauging my dad's reaction to my legislative process based on platypus bites, I've decided to shelve the idea.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

The garbage crew has come to our building again today. So that's last Saturday, Monday and today. :lol:

Which is insane considering that I have yet to see our container to be full when I put something in there, any day of the week.

In my previous building you had to bring your garbage down on the day or day after that the truck came, or the containers would be full for the rest of the week, and we would get no extra shifts over the holidays.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

Huge writer's block this Christmas. I hate it when that happens.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

celedhring

We ate a huge cock for Christmas, though. It's traditional over here.

Caliga

Quote from: celedhring on December 31, 2014, 06:43:55 AM
We ate a huge cock for Christmas, though. It's traditional over here.
Was it: Peter North's.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Liep

Just saw a compilation of some of our Queen's New Year's speeches from 1975 - 2012 where she warns us about losing ourselves in new technology, be it cheaper air travels, e-mails, texting, cyperspace, etc.

We have not heeded her warnings. :( It was promptly followed about odds on the chances she'll mention Snapchat in this year's speech. :lol:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Ed Anger

It appears my policy of ignoring Windows on my 6 core is failing. I may just get another computer instead of dealing with the reinstall bullshit.

It gave a good 4 years service though. I hope I can finish my Dominions 4 game before the final meltdown.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

alfred russel

Quote from: Liep on December 31, 2014, 09:31:38 AM
Just saw a compilation of some of our Queen's New Year's speeches from 1975 - 2012 where she warns us about losing ourselves in new technology, be it cheaper air travels, e-mails, texting, cyperspace, etc.

We have not heeded her warnings. :(

Imagine a world consumed by new technology (air travels, emails, texting, cyperspace, etc) EXCEPT in the UK. Historians reflecting on why the UK is an outlier point to the 1988 Queen's New Year's speech which warned of these things, and her subjects were listening.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Jacob

Quote from: alfred russel on December 31, 2014, 01:57:47 PM
Quote from: Liep on December 31, 2014, 09:31:38 AM

We have not heeded her warnings. :(

Imagine a world consumed by new technology (air travels, emails, texting, cyperspace, etc) EXCEPT in the UK. Historians reflecting on why the UK is an outlier point to the 1988 Queen's New Year's speech which warned of these things, and her subjects were listening.

Why the UK?  :huh:

alfred russel

Quote from: Jacob on December 31, 2014, 02:00:55 PM

Why the UK?  :huh:

Ok, the UK and Beeb's house (I imagine BB is the only non Brit in the Commonwealth glued to the Queen's speech).
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014