News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

I wonder what was up with that woman. Her outfit didn't say target worker and unless Mrs. Obama was standing right next to the woman, why would she ask?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

derspiess

One time after work I stopped at KMart to buy motor oil & a filter.  I was wearing a suit and some old lady thought I worked there.  I was confused because how many KMart employees wear a damned suit, but I got over it pretty quickly.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 17, 2014, 02:02:13 PM
Isn't she pretty tall.

I don't think that I'd scout around for any random tall person to help me.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

I once wore my staple red shirt at walmart back when their manager wore red.

That was not a fun 15 minutes.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Jacob

This is kind of cool - Shell is planning on processing LNG offshore, using the world's largest ship to do so.

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-30394137

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on December 16, 2014, 06:03:35 PM
I did 7-3:30 for a year.  Once you got your clock switched around it was surprisingly great.

The worst shift I ever worked was 4:00-800, go to school, have a nap, then 16:00 to 20:00.  I could only do that for a few months before leaving that job.  The money was great as they paid a huge premium for working the second shift but it was like the walking dead.

Josquius

Apparently there are strong rumours of the queen abdicating this xmas.
I dont see it
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

She looked like she was going to barf at the Olympics.

Barrister

Quote from: Tyr on December 17, 2014, 05:19:58 PM
I dont see it

The rumour is (apparently) that she would abdicate in her annual Christmas Day message.

But a "Royal source" points out that the Queen has never, ever announced anything of substance in her Christmas message, and that since it is released at 3pm in each Commonwealth country it would mean Tuvalu would hear about it hours before London would.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Liep

I dont see it

We've had the same rumours for a while, yet we still have the chain smoking old Queen and her crazy (but loveable) French husband instead of a young energetic King and a beautiful Queen.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Jacob

Quote from: Liep on December 17, 2014, 05:32:08 PM
I dont see it

We've had the same rumours for a while, yet we still have the chain smoking old Queen and her crazy (but loveable) French husband instead of a young energetic King and a beautiful Queen.

Is public sentiment leaning towards having the young energetic King over the Queen M2?

Josquius

The evidence for the strength of the rumour is interesting- bookies have recieved some suspicious bets about it, just like they did for prior big royal announcments.

I really dont see the queen ever abdicating though. She is too religious and dorsnt believe she can
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

What does religion have to do with it? :unsure: