News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Looks more flattering than this:

(Inscription on Merkelblob reads, "German Economy" - it's a float from a 2014 carnival parade; they often many caricature floats in them.)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on December 06, 2014, 04:03:18 AM
Hollande...  :rolleyes:
Officially, it's a gift from the Kazakh president.

Looks like he's going to a Packers game.  In 1963.

mongers

So neighhours are taking down a breeze block wall on part of our property line and they manage to pull it down partly on top of one of them. The woman is sitting on the ground with her sons standing around waiting for an ambulance to turn up, which no doubt will take 45-60 min. 

Apparently they tried sawing between the blocks, then pushing it backwards and forward, eventually managing to pull it down on top of them. Do some people have any common sense at all?  :rolleyes:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ideologue

Quote from: Syt on December 06, 2014, 04:22:29 AM
Looks more flattering than this:

(Inscription on Merkelblob reads, "German Economy" - it's a float from a 2014 carnival parade; they often many caricature floats in them.)

It should be the German float eating Greece and Spain.

France is doing fine.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

Huh.  So my brother has been coughing up blood and his x-ray showed a spot on his lung.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

Damn, Raz, hope it turns out to be nothing serious.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

I'm not sure how to feel.  I don't really care for my brother, but he is kin.  It's strange.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

Well he's not dead yet, so let's get too worried.  He is a chain smoker and is rather promiscuous so Cancer and HIV are possibilities, but it could also be TB which is treatable.  Or he could be dumb and was trying to huff paint and he got one of those little metal balls in him.

mongers

Quote from: Razgovory on December 06, 2014, 07:46:29 PM
Well he's not dead yet, so let's get too worried.  He is a chain smoker and is rather promiscuous so Cancer and HIV are possibilities, but it could also be TB which is treatable.  Or he could be dumb and was trying to huff paint and he got one of those little metal balls in him.
:console:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Razgovory on December 06, 2014, 05:31:50 PM
Huh.  So my brother has been coughing up blood and his x-ray showed a spot on his lung.
Damn, I hope it turns out to be a false alarm. :(
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Agelastus

Clintons (a major UK chain of card shops) getting into trouble for selling a "vile" Christmas Card.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/12/07/clintons-cards-council-estate_n_6283270.html

The card being entitled "10 reasons why Santa Claus must live on a Council Estate".

It's something I've been noticing this year; there seems to be a vein of nastiness in the "humour" cards (whether for birthday, Christmas or just in general) this year that I haven't seen previously. Anyone else have that impression?
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Agelastus on December 07, 2014, 09:35:44 AM
It's something I've been noticing this year; there seems to be a vein of nastiness in the "humour" cards (whether for birthday, Christmas or just in general) this year that I haven't seen previously. Anyone else have that impression?

Last several years have been really shitty for a lot of people.  YMMV, of course.