News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

I was reading comments on that video of that little girl "telling off" the Gaston character at Disney World - and saw this:

QuoteI never let my daughters get near anything Disney related because of their affiliation with Nazi Germany.

When my grandmother took my daughter to go see Frozen, I was mad. I let it slide. She later bought her an Elsa dress. I got furious. Later that night, I took my daughter to bed and kiss her good night. Took that Elsa dress, tear it, burned it and trashed it. Next morning, she came up to me crying, "where is my Elsa Dress." I told her the dog probably ate it. She cry for a good 10-20 mins, hoping she would "let it go." She did eventually.

I'm a great father and I have 2 daughters that I would never lay my fingers on and would risk my life to save them. Anything Disney related near my daughters and son is a "NO!"

Sounds like his daughters will definitely have daddy issues.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

HVC

His daughters gonna be an awesome stripper
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

MadImmortalMan

Disney's princess thing is pretty annoying though.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Razgovory

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 07, 2014, 05:57:20 PM

My niece really likes it though.  Disney didn't have much affiliation with Nazis.  You want to find companies that were affiliated with the Nazis, you look at Ford or IBM.  They at least actually did business with them.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

My sister's job is exploiting the disney princess thing.
I hate it.
██████
██████
██████

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Razgovory on December 07, 2014, 06:21:35 PM

My niece really likes it though. 

It's not doing her any favors.

Ed Anger

Need a princess that transforms into a pony. Then transforms into a gun.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

It's just a phase.  My niece was all about the Disney princesses, now she wants a robotics kit for Xmas.

Caliga

Quote from: Tyr on December 07, 2014, 06:23:34 PM
I hate it.
:hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

mongers

Damn, my friend is getting real old, real old we were discussing trips today and the conversation strayed into almost bucket list territory. And it was like he meant it.  :(
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Quote from: Caliga on December 07, 2014, 07:08:51 PM
Quote from: Tyr on December 07, 2014, 06:23:34 PM
I hate it.
:hmm:

She is like the anti-Jos.

Though when Jos has kids she'll become The Auntie. :gasp:

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: mongers on December 07, 2014, 07:10:45 PM
Damn, my friend is getting real old, real old we were discussing trips today and the conversation strayed into almost bucket list territory. And it was like he meant it.  :(

It helps to think that way even when you're young. The thing about the bucket list is that most of the stuff on there would be more fun at 30 than 70. Do the bucket list now. That's the lesson.

garbon

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 07, 2014, 07:14:00 PM

It helps to think that way even when you're young. The thing about the bucket list is that most of the stuff on there would be more fun at 30 than 70. Do the bucket list now. That's the lesson.

Agreed though when young, I don't think it makes sense to think of it as a bucket list. After all, they aren't just boxes to check off.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 07, 2014, 07:14:00 PM

Yes, but it's kinda different for a 66 year old, I guess many of us at that age will only have a few good years left.

By the way, this isn't to say he hasn't done a load of interesting things in his life, but we'll it's kinda depressing; I shall have to think of something.  :hmm: