News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: lustindarkness on December 02, 2014, 07:44:43 AM
And the morning after my body reminds me I'm not as young anymore. Ice skating was fun,  but I should have taken it easy.   :weep: I is old.

When we went last Friday I made the mistake of going with size 10 skates (I'm 9.5 and they only had whole sizes).  My ankles were killing me and I had to use foot muscles I didn't know I had.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

lustindarkness

Quote from: derspiess on December 02, 2014, 09:19:09 AM
Quote from: lustindarkness on December 02, 2014, 07:44:43 AM
And the morning after my body reminds me I'm not as young anymore. Ice skating was fun,  but I should have taken it easy.   :weep: I is old.

When we went last Friday I made the mistake of going with size 10 skates (I'm 9.5 and they only had whole sizes).  My ankles were killing me and I had to use foot muscles I didn't know I had.

Yeah, a loose skate will kill you.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Eddie Teach

My own innate clumsiness would kill me.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 02, 2014, 09:10:01 AM
I'm almost tempted to get behind the paywall for this:
http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/uk/crime/article4284461.ece
QuoteAn aristocratic perfumer who used the sperm of a big-game hunter to become pregnant after the end of their relationship was ordered yesterday not to contact him.

This sounds like a premise for a lurid early 20th century novel. :P

Malthus

Check this out - firing up "The Beast of Turin" for the first time in over 100 years ...  :D

http://jalopnik.com/watch-a-28-5l-fiat-start-for-the-first-time-in-a-centur-1665309191
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Malthus on December 02, 2014, 11:25:05 AM
Check this out - firing up "The Beast of Turin" for the first time in over 100 years ...  :D

http://jalopnik.com/watch-a-28-5l-fiat-start-for-the-first-time-in-a-centur-1665309191

What a magnificent sound.  Great video.

Josquius

I divide my officers into four classes: the clever, the lazy, the industrious, and the stupid. Each officer possesses at least two of these qualities. Those who are clever and industrious are fitted for the highest staff appointments. Use can be made of those who are stupid and lazy. The man who is clever and lazy however is for the very highest command; he has the temperament and nerves to deal with all situations. But whoever is stupid and industrious is a menace and must be removed immediately!"

—General Kurt von Hammerstein-Equord
██████
██████
██████

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

11B4V

My new gortex gear has arrived. Sitka jacket and pants.

along with a couple sets shirt/pants from natural gear

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Admiral Yi

Honest question: what's the point of cammo gear when you have to wear dayglo on top of it?

PDH

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 02, 2014, 07:16:38 PM
Honest question: what's the point of cammo gear when you have to wear dayglo on top of it?

Sometimes you are the hunter, sometimes you are the hunted.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 02, 2014, 06:12:37 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on December 02, 2014, 06:07:31 PM
I can be made use of!

I'd give you a penal battalion.

I think Ide would make an admirable NKVD officer.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 02, 2014, 07:16:38 PM

When America collapses (due to the government, foreigners, zombies, aliens) and it becomes a post-apocalyptic wasteland, any advantage in gear can be the difference between life and death.