And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 18, 2014, 09:32:05 PM
BOOMER SOONER!

I can't believe my cousin is going to go there for college. 

Ideologue

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 18, 2014, 09:30:26 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on November 18, 2014, 09:23:57 PM
I am agnostic as to whether it actually exists.  Have you ever seen it?  Met someone from Oklahoma?  Even been there?  Didn't think so.

I drove through it once. Very windy and I think it rained.

BTW, Garth Brooks is from Oklahoma. :alberta:

I like old Garth Brooks.  Remember Chris Gaines?  WTF.  Good times. :alberta:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

alfred russel

Texans see Oklahomans in roughly the same way as the ancient Chinese saw the Mongols.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Eddie Teach

Quote from: alfred russel on November 18, 2014, 09:35:08 PM
Texans see Oklahomans in roughly the same way as the ancient Chinese saw the Mongols.

:huh:

Mongols and Chinese are distinctively different to outsiders.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Valmy

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 18, 2014, 09:41:24 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on November 18, 2014, 09:35:08 PM

:huh:

Mongols and Chinese are distinctively different to outsiders.

Pretty sure the average Georgian could not more tell them apart than they could Okies and Texans.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

FunkMonk

Hitler was from Oklahoma.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Brazen

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 19, 2014, 08:40:57 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 19, 2014, 08:00:50 AM
Saw this being passed around on Facebook. Anyone eaten a bigmac in Australia?  Is it true?

It's true. According to the Economist's Big Mac Index a big mac is 3.40 euros in Austria. That's about 4.50$
Here minimum wage for over 21s is £6.50 ($10.19) and a Big Mac is £2.59 ($4.06). Interesting :hmm:

Grey Fox

McD USA has had 3 quarters of losses, it now thinks it's an high end place. That might explains the BM prices.

My company shareholder value is being threaten so they will.....reinvest in the company to favor organic growth instead of acquisition.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ideologue

And the color scheme of the Australian McDonald's favors red.  Coincidence?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

I thought in a previous discussion it had been mentioned that a BM costs something like 40% more in OZ than the US. 

Also, that US price seems high for a non-combo BM.

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 19, 2014, 09:50:03 AM
I thought in a previous discussion it had been mentioned that a BM costs something like 40% more in OZ than the US. 

Also, that US price seems high for a non-combo BM.

Pretty sure they're under $4 here.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

You don't fuck with another man's breakfast sausage.  But if they do, make sure you get the right guy.

QuoteA Baltimore man with two prior convictions for attempted murder was sentenced to a mandatory 25 years in prison without parole for throwing a pot of boiling water on his roommate at a halfway house.

Donte Frye, 39, was convicted by a jury in June on charges of first-degree assault and reckless endangerment related to the attack April 11, 2013.

Prosecutors had alleged that Frye, who they said mistakenly believed his roommate had eaten his breakfast sausage, lured the victim to the top of the basement stairs of the home, then tossed a pot of boiling water at him. The victim fell down the stairs and struck his head on a door, and prosecutors said he endured "months" of disfigurement.

Frye's attorney, Stephen Beatty, said in an interview the two men got into a "mutual affray" and prosecutors had overstated the victim's injuries, which he said were "functionally and cosmetically insignificant," citing hospital records. He said he didn't call Frye as a witness because prosecutors would have been able to bring up his criminal record, which otherwise was inadmissible.

At sentencing Monday, Assistant State's Attorney Katie Dorian told Judge Sylvester Cox that Frye did not show remorse for the attack and played recorded jail calls in which Frye can be heard saying boiling water "ain't an actual weapon" and played down the victim's injuries.

Beatty said the calls were taken out of context because Frye was talking about the charges against him.

Dorian said Frye had a history of being a particularly bad roommate — she said he had twice stabbed other roommates; one stabbing led to an attempted-murder conviction in 2004. Frye received eight years in prison for that conviction, records show.

Beatty said he plans to appeal.