And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

18 November 2014 at 12:38pm 
Cyclist set to ride 'Tour de France' route on Chopper

A fitness coach from Southport is set to ride the entire 3,500km Tour de France 2015 route on his Raleigh Chopper. He is currently in training for the gruelling challenge on his bike which is worth just £150.
:hmm:

Dave Sims on his Raleigh Chopper Credit: ITV Granada

Full story here:
http://www.itv.com/news/granada/update/2014-11-18/cyclist-set-to-ride-tour-de-france-route-on-chopper/
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

MadBurgerMaker

Welp.  The wife is starting to make noise about moving somewhere that has more than well...two seasons.  We'd have to go like 1,000 miles for that.  Seems like it would be a GIGANTIC pain in the ass.<_<

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on November 18, 2014, 08:35:10 PM
Welp.  The wife is starting to make noise about moving somewhere that has more than well...two seasons.  We'd have to go like 1,000 miles for that.  Seems like it would be a GIGANTIC pain in the ass.<_<

And so not worth it! :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

PDH

Welp.  The wife is starting to make noise about moving somewhere that has more than say...two seasons.  We'd have to go like 1,000 miles for that.  <_<

Wyoming has Winter, Really Bad Winter, Spring, Winter, Winter, Spring II, Winter Week, Spring III, Summer, Winter for a Week, Indian Summer Week, Winter, Really Bad Winter, Fall for a Week, Winter, Winter each year!
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

mongers

Quote from: PDH on November 18, 2014, 08:37:42 PM
Welp.  The wife is starting to make noise about moving somewhere that has more than say...two seasons.  We'd have to go like 1,000 miles for that.  <_<

Wyoming has Winter, Really Bad Winter, Spring, Winter, Winter, Spring II, Winter Week, Spring III, Summer, Winter for a Week, Indian Summer Week, Winter, Really Bad Winter, Fall for a Week, Winter, Winter each year!

:D

For the British version, just replace Winter with the word rain.

jimmy olsen

Going over a shopping lesson this morning, start with expensive and cheap. Since it's a high level class, I expand on cheap and ask them "What does it mean if I say, she is cheap?"

Class captain shouts out "She's easy!"

My face was somewhere between :o and  :lol:

Defintely unusual for an english idiom like that to get thrown out there.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

MadBurgerMaker

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of seasons.  To be fair this part of Texas has OH MY GOD ITS HOT and fall/spring that kind of blend together, and she's from Michigan, so I could see why she would want to change things up a little there.  Dealing with snow and ice and all that other winter-like shit sucks though. 

Quote from: PDH on November 18, 2014, 08:37:42 PM

:lol:

MadImmortalMan

Is it not an issue job-wise?
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

alfred russel

Especially on a raleigh chopper.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on November 18, 2014, 08:54:35 PM

No, that's an issue.  It would require finding new ones.  We both work for the state and not something a little more flexible, location-wise, like the feds. 

mongers

Quote from: alfred russel on November 18, 2014, 08:57:28 PM

Especially on a raleigh chopper.

:D

Yep that was my first thought, does the guy not want anymore children?

mongers

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on November 18, 2014, 09:06:46 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on November 18, 2014, 08:54:35 PM

No, that's an issue.  It would require finding new ones.  We both work for the state and not something a little more flexible, location-wise, like the feds.

Have you considered manipulating your state senate into declaring war on a nearby, but locationally more attractive state?

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: mongers on November 18, 2014, 09:08:28 PM
Have you considered manipulating your state senate into declaring war on a nearby, but locationally more attractive state?

:hmm:  I guess we could go west and conquer New Mexico.  They have mountains and snow there.