Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on November 18, 2014, 09:06:46 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on November 18, 2014, 08:54:35 PM
Is it not an issue job-wise?

No, that's an issue.  It would require finding new ones.  We both work for the state and not something a little more flexible, location-wise, like the feds. 

How will you attend games of the mighty of UTSA Roadrunners from Yankeeland? :(
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on November 18, 2014, 09:09:44 PM

I've only been to that very first one.  :ph34r:  Been to more Texas games than UTSA games. 

Oh but that's another thing: I don't think they have LHN on "basic cable" packages up in the frozen wastelands of the north.  How awful.

E:  That's weird.  I've seen more live Nebraska (not vs. the Horns) games than UTSA.  They went to the Alamo Bowl a few times.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

MadImmortalMan

MBM I suggest Montana. Or anywhere in the mountain west north of highway 50.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ideologue

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on November 18, 2014, 09:14:20 PM
Quote from: Valmy on November 18, 2014, 09:09:44 PM

I've only been to that very first one.  :ph34r:  Been to more Texas games than UTSA games. 

Oh but that's another thing: I don't think they have LHN on "basic cable" packages up in the frozen wastelands of the north.  How awful.

E:  That's weird.  I've seen more live Nebraska (not vs. the Horns) games than UTSA.  They went to the Alamo Bowl a few times.

Canada has the living space we need.  Not to mention the oil.  And what do they use it for?  To heat the room Jacob is smug in.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

MadBurgerMaker

I don't think I'm cowboy enough for Montana.  I'd need hats and horses and land and such. 

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Ideologue on November 18, 2014, 09:20:36 PM
Canada has the living space we need.  Not to mention the oil.  And what do they use it for?  To heat the room Jacob is smug in.

I'm in, as long as we can burn Oklahoma on the way up there.

alfred russel

In Dallas they sort of have different seasons. Football dominates all, but they do have the Mavericks and the Rangers (For someone wanting to experience different seasons, I can't in good conscience mention a place where one of them is Houston Astros baseball). They also have the LHN.

It could be a compromise.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Ideologue

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on November 18, 2014, 09:23:03 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on November 18, 2014, 09:20:36 PM

I am agnostic as to whether it actually exists.  Have you ever seen it?  Met someone from Oklahoma?  Even been there?  Didn't think so.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

alfred russel

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on November 18, 2014, 09:23:03 PM

Dallas is close enough to the border to launch razzias on weekends.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ideologue on November 18, 2014, 09:23:57 PM
I am agnostic as to whether it actually exists.  Have you ever seen it?  Met someone from Oklahoma?  Even been there?  Didn't think so.

I drove through it once. Very windy and I think it rained.

BTW, Garth Brooks is from Oklahoma. :alberta:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

World-renowned actress Candy Cane is from Oklahoma.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: alfred russel on November 18, 2014, 09:23:21 PM
In Dallas they sort of have different seasons. Football dominates all, but they do have the Mavericks and the Rangers (For someone wanting to experience different seasons, I can't in good conscience mention a place where one of them is Houston Astros baseball). They also have the LHN.

It could be a compromise.

They even have hockey there.  Occasionally good hockey!  Such a strange place (my dad lives up there :P).