Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tamas on November 06, 2014, 04:44:25 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on November 06, 2014, 04:22:50 PM
Quote from: Tamas on November 06, 2014, 03:02:53 PM
Reflecting on the earlier conversation in the UKIP thread: is it a good idea to walk through Lambeth (London) on a weekday night to Vauxhall? :D
How comfortable are you with gay leather bars? Although the gays may not be comfortable you after a couple of weeks ago there was homophobic acid attack by an Eastern European couple.

It's fine. Looks rough but generally good fun. One of the few places in London you can find a place open till sun up.

Lambeth's fine too (where from though, it's a large borough?).

I'll be walking between the Royal Pharmaceutical Society and Vauxhall Train Station :)
Okay. Yes. That's a very safe walk. You'll mainly be going round Lambeth Palace which is the home of the Archbishop of Canterbury. So it's not too dangerous :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Tamas

alfred russel

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 06, 2014, 04:51:54 PM
mainly be going round Lambeth Palace which is the home of the Archbishop of Canterbury. So it's not too dangerous :lol:

That is what Thomas Becket thought.  :mad:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Josquius

I'm contemplating going to the US next year. Flights seem somewhat affordable. Chances of being shot?
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

I only get shot once or twice a year.

lustindarkness

Quote from: Tyr on November 06, 2014, 05:35:41 PM
I'm contemplating going to the US next year. Flights seem somewhat affordable. Chances of being shot?

Low if you don't let us know your exact travel plans. :(
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Admiral Yi

The Brain

Mild.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

DGuller

Quote from: lustindarkness on November 06, 2014, 05:41:27 PM

Low if you don't let us know your exact travel plans. :(
:lmfao:

alfred russel

Most foreign travelers visit the major cities like New York or Washington, which are full of crime, or national parks, which are swarming with tourists and thus magnets for criminals looking for easy marks. If you want to see those places, I suggest renting a movie. Otherwise, you can get the same experience with a lot less expense by shooting yourself at home (plus avoid the nightmare of the american healthcare system).

If you want to be safe and visit the real America, I recommend Topeka, Kansas.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

DGuller

Quote from: alfred russel on November 06, 2014, 06:13:43 PM

Most foreign travelers visit the major cities like New York or Washington, which are full of crime, or national parks, which are swarming with tourists and thus magnets for criminals looking for easy marks. If you want to see those places, I suggest renting a movie. Otherwise, you can get the same experience with a lot less expense by shooting yourself at home (plus avoid the nightmare of the american healthcare system).

If you want to be safe and visit the real America, I recommend Topeka, Kansas.
:hmm: What are non-Americans going to shoot themselves with?  Slingshots?  :huh:

Ed Anger

Bored bored bored bored bored bored
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

lustindarkness

I wish I had time to be bored. I can't remember the last time I was bored. :(
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Ideologue

Quick cat question: if a cat pisses directly on your floor and you catch it like as soon as it's happened, is there a special way to clean it?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)