News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Brazen on October 31, 2014, 08:32:03 AM
Is SesQUIZpedalian Loquaciousness too smartarse for a quiz team name?

yes

Jacob

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 31, 2014, 07:57:45 AM
Quote from: Valmy on October 31, 2014, 12:32:50 AM
I was trying to figure out what the hell you meant by 10x the going rate for bar drinks.

Back in the 50s and 60s, it was called hostessing.

Go to a strip club, one of the club girls sit with you.  May be a dancer, may not.  She asks you to buy her a drink.  What you are doing is buying time.  Her time is about $30-$50 a drink.  Some places, when she gets her drink, will give her a poker chip or other marker that she can turn in at the end of the night for her share of the tips. 
During that time she's sitting with you, you can discuss other transactions which may or may not occur there, in the VIP Lounge or whatever cordoned off space the dump has, or whatever.  Because prostitution is illegal, the club's defense would be that you simply "bought her a drink."

They like young guys because young guys have cash but are timid, and are stupid enough to keep buying $30 drinks over and over with no expectations. They don't like to sit with guys like me, because I will be spanking that ass during my complimentary handjob in the VIP lounge inside of 10 minutes.

Yeah, basically exactly like that, with the added bit - in some places - that when you make your "private arrangement" with the hostess, you have to drop some money to the bar as "compensation for giving her time off when she should be in the bar, working."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Jacob on October 31, 2014, 10:08:05 AM
Yeah, basically exactly like that, with the added bit - in some places - that when you make your "private arrangement" with the hostess, you have to drop some money to the bar as "compensation for giving her time off when she should be in the bar, working."

If she's doing it right, she's splitting her extra fees from the VIP Lounge with the house at the end of the night;  if she's working outcall, she can't leave until the end of her shift anyway.  But YMMV

alfred russel

Quote from: mongers on October 31, 2014, 08:48:16 AM
Quote from: alfred russel on October 31, 2014, 08:34:32 AM
So today I go to the doctor for a physical. I have a tonail I destroyed like 2 months ago and it got a fungal infection. I was like "yo doc, lets fix this!" And doc was like, "no, there is no safe fix, ever. You will have to live with that the rest of your life."   :huh: :(

:(

While I know there is a lot of heavy shit going on in the world, I don't think the forum appreciates the horrors of this particular tragedy.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Savonarola

Today I saw a mini-van with a cutesy stick figure family on the back, a Polkemon decal and sticker that read "Miskatonic University."

:o

Happy Halloween everyone!
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

garbon

Quote from: garbon on October 29, 2014, 09:24:36 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 29, 2014, 09:19:53 PM
Quote from: garbon on October 29, 2014, 09:18:09 PM
Yay, my hybrid car battery died but it is under warranty and I won't have to pay for it. :w00t:

Might just need a jump.  Did you leave your lights on?

Nah/I should have said "died" but rather "malfunctioning". Actually last year I had to get my regular car battery replaced as there was a period of time where car wouldn't start up even with a jump. However at that time they told me my hybrid battery was fine.

However, in the past year, it has been wonky in that display inside car would show hybrid battery not charged at all one minute, fully charged the next and then not charged a few minutes later - though after about an hour of driving would always stabilize and look normal. I had looked up at one point and it said that yeah this was a common problem with older Honda hybrids and that there was warranty but it was unclear on what cars were covered.

Also in past year, my check engine light has been going on randomly but then will also go off after driving a while. I need to get my car inspected and that's an automatic fail, so I took my car in last night to have them run diagnostic. Apparently this faulty battery was the reason why.

It has now been almost 2 days since they told me about this issue / almost 3 days since I first dropped my car off. When I spoke to the guy about an hour ago, he told me that he needed to speak with parts manager as the part had still not come in. What the hell, Brooklyn?

Also, I'm trying not to be one of those angry customers but really?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on October 31, 2014, 03:33:35 PM

Some of my vehicle breakdowns can be mended with just a twig.  :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

Well my car hasn't broken down...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

citizen k

Quote from: Savonarola on October 31, 2014, 02:37:51 PM
Today I saw a mini-van with a cutesy stick figure family on the back, a Polkemon decal and sticker that read "Miskatonic University."

New Englanders, huh?  ;)

Malthus

Quote from: citizen k on October 31, 2014, 03:49:38 PM
Quote from: Savonarola on October 31, 2014, 02:37:51 PM

New Englanders, huh?  ;)

Check to see if they have the "Innsmouth Look".  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Josquius

Annd despite the lack of haloween stuff before today, the city tonight is full of cunts in costumes. There goes my weekend.
Fuck haloween. Why does the horror genre get its own holiday? Whens sci fi day?
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: garbon on October 31, 2014, 03:33:35 PM
Quote from: garbon on October 29, 2014, 09:24:36 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 29, 2014, 09:19:53 PM
Quote from: garbon on October 29, 2014, 09:18:09 PM
Yay, my hybrid car battery died but it is under warranty and I won't have to pay for it. :w00t:

Might just need a jump.  Did you leave your lights on?

Nah/I should have said "died" but rather "malfunctioning". Actually last year I had to get my regular car battery replaced as there was a period of time where car wouldn't start up even with a jump. However at that time they told me my hybrid battery was fine.

However, in the past year, it has been wonky in that display inside car would show hybrid battery not charged at all one minute, fully charged the next and then not charged a few minutes later - though after about an hour of driving would always stabilize and look normal. I had looked up at one point and it said that yeah this was a common problem with older Honda hybrids and that there was warranty but it was unclear on what cars were covered.

Also in past year, my check engine light has been going on randomly but then will also go off after driving a while. I need to get my car inspected and that's an automatic fail, so I took my car in last night to have them run diagnostic. Apparently this faulty battery was the reason why.

It has now been almost 2 days since they told me about this issue / almost 3 days since I first dropped my car off. When I spoke to the guy about an hour ago, he told me that he needed to speak with parts manager as the part had still not come in. What the hell, Brooklyn?

Latest call - "Sorry but I have no idea when the part will come in, our parts guy said he'd tell before he gets off at 6."

How could it be a secret when a part will come in? :wacko:

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tyr on October 31, 2014, 04:03:38 PM
Annd despite the lack of haloween stuff before today, the city tonight is full of cunts in costumes. There goes my weekend.
Fuck haloween. Why does the horror genre get its own holiday? Whens sci fi day?

God Almighty you're a whingerly whinging whinger. :bleeding:

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 31, 2014, 04:14:37 PMGod Almighty you're a whingerly whinging whinger. :bleeding:

I unequivocally and wholeheartedly agree with you :hug: