News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on September 10, 2014, 02:18:43 PM
Quote from: Tyr on September 10, 2014, 12:41:58 PM
I finished work at 7pm today. Had to stay late.
In itself no big deal. People regularly do much later than that. In most countries it would be no big deal.
But here... All the shops are shut already <_<

So, you are judging the entire country based on the practices of shops in the small-ish town you live in?
Apparently it is standard.
Back home in much smaller towns supermarkets stay open till 10 at least
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

MadImmortalMan

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/extreme-solar-storm-streaking-towards-earth-scientists-say/

Oh boy oh boy, maybe it won't miss like two years ago. If we get fried, see you guys later.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Tonitrus

The aurora borealis forecast is rockin' too. 

And nothing but clouds in the forecast.  :mad:

Syt

Should I go and see Klaus-Maria Brandauer as King Lear? :hmm:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Maladict

Quote from: Syt on September 11, 2014, 05:00:08 AM
Should I go and see Klaus-Maria Brandauer as King Lear? :hmm:

I don't think it's a fancy dress kind of thing.

Brazen

garbon

I don't think I need people posting images on facebook from 9/11/01. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Zanza

Are you guys often contacted by headhunters? I am never sure if I should answer them or not. Sometimes it seems like they just fish for information and don't really have a serious job offer.

DGuller

I saw the black ribbon on Google, and I was like  :huh::blush:

garbon

Quote from: Zanza on September 11, 2014, 11:07:25 AM
Are you guys often contacted by headhunters? I am never sure if I should answer them or not. Sometimes it seems like they just fish for information and don't really have a serious job offer.

Sometimes I talk with them / sometimes they get me jobs. :)

derspiess

I've never had any luck with them-- only wasted time.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Eat me.

garbon

I like this from Humans of New York:

Quote"What's your biggest dream for your child?"
"We'll let him dream for himself."

(New Delhi, India)