News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: Barrister on September 08, 2014, 02:34:39 PM
Mrs B messages me to say her parents won the lottery.  There was a big $50 mil jackpot up for grabs.

They got 6 out of 7 numbers correct.

Their winnings?

$7000.
I hope she waited for like five minutes before telling you how much they won for dramatic effect. :sleep:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Brain

Quote from: Barrister on September 08, 2014, 02:34:39 PM
Mrs B messages me to say her parents won the lottery.  There was a big $50 mil jackpot up for grabs.

They got 6 out of 7 numbers correct.

Their winnings?

$7000.

That's one hell of a night in Tijuana.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 08, 2014, 02:35:50 PM
$7000 more than they had yesterday.  They should consider themselves blessed.

Of course, Ed would've scored all 7.

I dunno - my father-in-law still has inoperable cancer, so I'm not sure just how blessed they are... :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Martinus on September 08, 2014, 12:15:15 AM
An interesting article from LA times:

http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-mh-vaccination-crisis-20140903-column.html

There are really very few things that infuriate me more than the idiocy of the anti-vaccination crowd. Not only they expose their own children to risk (in which case this would simply be a generational Darwin award issue), they also endanger the society as a whole and those people who, for actual health reasons, cannot be vaccinated.
Agreed. You look at a map of where it's happening in the US and it's fucking hipsters - Oregon and New York are the epicentres :bleeding:

What really annoys me as well is that decent shops like Whole Foods sell magazines that push this pseudo-science bollocks to encourage the macrobiotic tards.

Makes me glad we've got an NHS, and, God willing, enough sensible people to tell these people they're talking absolute arse-thunder :ultra:
Let's bomb Russia!

Ideologue

There oughtta be a fucking ordinance.  Due to permitting the shitty bourgeoisie to keep trees whose branches hang out into the People's land, stretching out over our fine city sidewalks and descending like nosferatus into our headspace, I ran directly into no fewer than three giant spider webs on my run tonight.  And subsequently was almost ran into two cars, but that isn't entirely their fault.

My proposed ordinance bans spiders.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

I also propose that rabbits, possums and skunks be liquidated.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Leave the lil' critters alone.  :mad:

Ideologue

I also ran past several of what I presume to be skunks. <_<
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 08, 2014, 08:16:58 PM
Leave the lil' critters alone.  :mad:

Skunks can stop spraying near my bedroom.  :mad:

CountDeMoney

At least you have time to smile for your mugshot right after you've put plastic bags over your toddlers' heads.  :yeah:

Ideologue

Honey, that hair is just not doing you any favors.  You just happen to have a face that needs a frame.
Kinemalogue

Ed Anger

Ideologue

So I've been up for 31 hours, why aren't I sleepy? :unsure:
Kinemalogue

DGuller

Quote from: Ideologue on September 08, 2014, 09:32:06 PM
So I've been up for 31 hours, why aren't I sleepy? :unsure:
:hmm: Methamphetamine?

Ideologue

No.  Unless that's in the Red Bull I had at work, which it might be.
Kinemalogue