News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on September 11, 2014, 01:58:47 PM
I can't put my finger on what it is, but there is something that annoys me about the Humans of New York thing.

Does it: make you feel Sikh?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

mongers

The world's only two flying Lancaster bombers, just flew directly over my house; eight merlins make a nice sound together.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Caliga

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on September 11, 2014, 07:17:12 PM
It's OK.  It's highly overrated.
It's good, but yeah a bit overrated especially these days with all of the other gourmet burger chains (which In N' Out really isn't anyway).  I do make a point of going to one every time I'm in California, though.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Maladict

Quote from: mongers on September 12, 2014, 06:14:50 AM
The world's only two flying Lancaster bombers, just flew directly over my house; eight merlins make a nice sound together.  :bowler:

:mmm:

mongers

Quote from: Maladict on September 12, 2014, 08:06:38 AM

:mmm:

Yeah, I think they're at the local airport, I'll see if I can get down there when they take off tomorrow, though I'll probably choose the wrong runway.

Here they are just landed:

Looks very wartime, given it was built as a wartime RAF base, but I don't think Lancasters were ever based there, more American and D-day operations flown there.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Maladict

derspiess

Well that outdoes the B-17 that was flying back & forth over my house last weekend :mellow:

Local airport (used to be the main Cincy airport) had an event sponsored by some warbird preservation group that was mainly geared toward membership plus getting people to pony up $450+ to ride in a B-17.  They apparently got several people to sign up.  I took the kids and got free food.  They got to look inside a B-25 and of course my nephew asked if they were allowed to shoot the .50 call guns :lol:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ideologue

Listen guys, heavy bombers are all God's creatures.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

The Brain

Any Yorks?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Ideologue

I'd vote for that guy for God-King.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Josquius

Germans love pussies too!!!
██████
██████
██████