News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Sriracha just squirted into my eye. :bleeding:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

I think the Languish Flickr photo group has expired:

https://www.flickr.com/groups/languish/pool/

last activity 111 months ago.  :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josquius

A thought- why is it childish homophobia always takes the form of "Oh! He's gay! Backs against the wall everyone or he'll try and bum you!".
Surely that he would want to take it himself would be the more damningly 'he is not like us and thus must be hated' approach to take? :hmm:
The ancient Romans are spinning in their graves.
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on August 20, 2014, 06:36:48 PM

I hope he had at least bought you dinner first.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 20, 2014, 09:14:29 PM

Like I would ever let what you are suggesting, happen. :rolleyes:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Apparently Tom Cruise is in town to shoot for Mission Impossible 5 at the Staatsoper.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

That sounds soper doper.

MadImmortalMan

We went for a walk tonight in the neighborhood. We took some lightsabers. My wife seems to enjoy making a spectacle for the passers-by. Maybe I do too. When we light them up, the drivers slow down. When we begin dueling, everyone stops to watch. I always let her kill me. She's always the red-bladed sith.   :)
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Syt

:lol:

(Though I guess you can be glad you weren't gunned down by a trigger happy cop :P )
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Malthus

Quote from: garbon on August 20, 2014, 10:44:03 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 20, 2014, 09:14:29 PM

Like I would ever let what you are suggesting, happen. :rolleyes:

Too old, too middle class, to let people buy you dinner any more?  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Malthus

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on August 21, 2014, 04:52:55 AM
We went for a walk tonight in the neighborhood. We took some lightsabers. My wife seems to enjoy making a spectacle for the passers-by. Maybe I do too. When we light them up, the drivers slow down. When we begin dueling, everyone stops to watch. I always let her kill me. She's always the red-bladed sith.   :)

Awesome.  :D

I do that, only with my kid.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Malthus on August 20, 2014, 01:42:51 PM
Quote from: Valmy on August 20, 2014, 01:38:55 PM
Is that what Malthus hid under his bed when he was 12?

I'm impressed - you remembered my birthdate!  :lol:

You and saskganesh and Grallon are all peas in a '67 pod, ain't you?  PeeDee's a '66er; I know we had Camper representing '64, and I think mongers is as well; and Yi from '63.  The mid-60's birthed a lot of solid posters, I'd say. :)  And then we jump a couple of years to the big wave of posters born in the early-to-mid 70s, probably the definitive age cohort for the site.  A light sprinkling through the late 70s but then another concentration in the early-mid 80s, I think.  Without Pirate Scum, I don't see the late 50s too well represented anymore besides grumbler; and we've all got to pay tribute to the active member who, the metaphysical grumbler aside, is truly our eldest -- KRonn, whose birth in '52 actually managed to get him conscripted during the Vietnam-era draft.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

mongers

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on August 21, 2014, 08:59:58 PM
Quote from: Malthus on August 20, 2014, 01:42:51 PM
Quote from: Valmy on August 20, 2014, 01:38:55 PM
Is that what Malthus hid under his bed when he was 12?

I'm impressed - you remembered my birthdate!  :lol:

You and saskganesh and Grallon are all peas in a '67 pod, ain't you?  PeeDee's a '66er; I know we had Camper representing '64, and I think mongers is as well; and Yi from '63.  The mid-60's birthed a lot of solid posters, I'd say. :)  And then we jump a couple of years to the big wave of posters born in the early-to-mid 70s, probably the definitive age cohort for the site.  A light sprinkling through the late 70s but then another concentration in the early-mid 80s, I think.  Without Pirate Scum, I don't see the late 50s too well represented anymore besides grumbler; and we've all got to pay tribute to the active member who, the metaphysical grumbler aside, is truly our eldest -- KRonn, whose birth in '52 actually managed to get him conscripted during the Vietnam-era draft.

:cool:

Well remembered and I like your perspective. :cheers:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

'71 rules, the rest drool.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive