News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: DGuller on August 19, 2014, 10:28:01 PM
I'm really fucking sick of having my news feed polluted with these ice bucket challenge stories.  These vapid Internet hyperfads are getting out of control.

Supposedly it is helping ALS research somehow so I tolerate it.  We have had stupider fads.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Quote from: Tyr on August 20, 2014, 06:19:15 AM
Vegetarians- :ultra:
Why on earth does the world let them get away with their selfishness.

How are they selfish?  They leave the bacon for me.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Josquius

Quote from: Valmy on August 20, 2014, 10:25:36 AM
Quote from: Tyr on August 20, 2014, 06:19:15 AM
Vegetarians- :ultra:
Why on earth does the world let them get away with their selfishness.

How are they selfish?  They leave the bacon for me.
If somewhere has a menu that isn't to their particular liking then everyone can't go there.
Not to mention how fussy they are when people are cooking for them, demanding their own special dishes rather than what everyone else eats- I'd prefer something else most of the time but I'll eat what I'm given.
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

Fuck them. Don't be their friend, you don't need them.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 20, 2014, 10:42:08 AM
Fuck them. Don't be their friend, you don't need them.

Indeed. It should be their deal to figure it out - not everyone else.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Alas you can pick your friends (ish) but you can't pick your family. :(
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote from: Tyr on August 20, 2014, 11:08:57 AM

Ah yes.  That is different.  But since you deal with them your entire life at least you get used to it.

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on August 20, 2014, 11:13:59 AM
Quote from: Tyr on August 20, 2014, 11:08:57 AM

Ah yes.  That is different.  But since you deal with them your entire life at least you get used to it.

Actually, even better when it is family. Then I can freely tell them to STFU and they just have to deal with it. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Is that what Malthus hid under his bed when he was 12?

Liep

Quote from: Syt on August 20, 2014, 01:30:29 PM
From the Victoria's Secret catalogue 1979. You're welcome.

http://www.vintag.es/2012/04/victorias-secret-catalogue-from-1979.html

:zzz

It's like they didn't even try to use Photoshop.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on August 20, 2014, 01:38:55 PM
Is that what Malthus hid under his bed when he was 12?

I'm impressed - you remembered my birthdate!  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Eddie Teach

I woulda guessed you were an adult by then.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Malthus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 20, 2014, 01:53:02 PM
I woulda guessed you were an adult by then.  :P

An adult by the age of 12?  :hmm:

In our tradition, you aren't one until you are 13!  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius