And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: alfred russel on August 08, 2014, 09:59:29 AM
To get funding, you will need to have women or minority partners,

I'll make my wife Chief Diversity Officer.  DONE.

Quotebe open to union membership

Sure, they can join a union.  Dues are pretty steep in United Spiessworkers, but the union president (who happens to be my cousin-- good guy) doesn't work for cheap.

Quoteand pay good wages, and provide good medical insurance including contraceptive coverage.

If it gets me mah gubmint money, I'm all in. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

lol, "Solyndra...because Fox News told me bring it up."

derspiess

And PMSNBC told you to suppress it.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Nothing to supress.  Companies go tits-up sometimes.  Or should government assistance only be reserved for the too-big-to-fail-or-jail crowd after they fuck up, instead of that so-easy-to-predict startup period?

The Brain

I'm with the Key Atomic Benefits Office of Mankind and I suggest a strictly nuclear policy.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: alfred russel on August 06, 2014, 11:06:52 AM

The problem with the ozone never got solved. It it listed as a risk for someone visiting patagonia or antarctica.

The ozone layer is significantly smaller now than it was at its height
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Brain

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 08, 2014, 10:44:36 AM
Quote from: alfred russel on August 06, 2014, 11:06:52 AM

The problem with the ozone never got solved. It it listed as a risk for someone visiting patagonia or antarctica.

The ozone layer is significantly smaller now than it was at its height

Smaller layer?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

jimmy olsen

Fucking kindle. <_<

The hole in the ozone layer is smaller.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

Pulling a stunt like that could get one shot.
BK apple pie's not worth it.  McDonald's?  Maybe.

derspiess

The stunt itself is okay.  Blogging about it seems a bit self-congratulatory though.

sbr

Quote from: derspiess on August 08, 2014, 03:15:34 PM
The stunt itself is okay.  Blogging about it seems a bit self-congratulatory though.

Is reddit a blog?

Grey Fox

Quote from: sbr on August 08, 2014, 03:19:31 PM
Quote from: derspiess on August 08, 2014, 03:15:34 PM

Is reddit a blog?

Some parts of it are very blog like, especially blogosphere 2.0.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

mongers

Can I say arse end of nowhere. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"