The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on June 07, 2014, 09:40:10 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on June 07, 2014, 09:37:14 PM
a fat-faced, balding James McAvoy.

:huh:

What?  He looks like McAvoy's older brother.

That said, I wish I were balding the same way.  Lots classier. :(
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

In a white male with brown hair sort of way. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on June 07, 2014, 09:56:21 PM
Why would I have?  He's not my executive, and Paul Krugman doesn't put pictures in his posts, unless you count graphs.

More like why wouldn't you have? It isn't like we have deficit of articles here about the UK. Though I suppose if you never click on links and avoid UK news...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

I read them if they're posted.  I just don't bother with the links.  I don't know why this seems crazy.  I couldn't pick John Boehner out of a lineup either.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Turns out he looks like Ray Liotta.
Kinemalogue

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on June 07, 2014, 10:03:15 PM
I couldn't pick John Boehner out of a lineup either.

He's orange.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on June 07, 2014, 10:03:15 PM
I read them if they're posted.  I just don't bother with the links.  I don't know why this seems crazy.  I couldn't pick John Boehner out of a lineup either.

Yeah all that sounds crazy.

mongers

Quote from: alfred russel on June 07, 2014, 09:41:55 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on June 07, 2014, 09:37:14 PM
Oh, it's Cameron?  I'd never seen a picture.  So that's what the worst prime minister Britain has had in a hundred years looks like: a fat-faced, balding James McAvoy.

Seriously? You've never seen a picture of Cameron?  :huh:

Look in the picture at the lower right. The guy on a bike without a helmet is Cameron. I assume the guy with a helmet behind him desperately leaning to get in the shot is mongers' mp.

Yep, it's quite obvious, once you look at it; think I'll pull his leg about it, next time I see him.   :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on June 07, 2014, 02:47:33 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on June 07, 2014, 07:04:18 AM
Here, it's always added at checkout. It's annoying but it will never change without a law.

I believe there are some places in the US where it is illegal to price things with the tax included.
What's the reasoning behind that?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Iormlund

One of my friends got quite upset when I told him I'm working 80 hours a week. He's been unemployed for a year.

On related news, it looks very likely that I'll be taking over coordination of this project and visiting Poland late this month (or maybe the next).

Ideologue

Quote from: Iormlund on June 08, 2014, 02:04:13 AM
One of my friends got quite upset when I told him I'm working 80 hours a week. He's been unemployed for a year.

I thought this was unlawful in Europe.
Kinemalogue

Iormlund

:lol:
Crazy schedules are the norm during commissioning, especially in the automotive industry.

[edit] Speak of the Devil ... I just received a call from our mechanical engineering lead. The natives are getting restless. Back to work for me.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on June 07, 2014, 03:46:31 AM
LEGO Aliens:

That shit really pisses me off.  All we had available were red astronauts and white astronauts.  What bullshit.

alfred russel

Quote from: mongers on June 07, 2014, 10:32:28 PM

Yep, it's quite obvious, once you look at it; think I'll pull his leg about it, next time I see him.   :bowler:

:hmm: I never would have guessed that you associate with the traditional conservative Tory set.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Syt

I hate having dust catchers in my apartment, but I would consider a Sarajevo diorama:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.