News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Quote from: Ideologue on June 06, 2014, 05:26:09 PM
I used to.  Then I realized I don't care whether the person making my food likes me (and also that I wouldn't have taken it personally when I worked in food service myself).
hope you like spit flavored fish and chips :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Ideologue

That is uncommonly rare.  I've never seen it happen or even heard about it happening.  Closest I've got is a friend of mine who, when waiting on Senator Jim DeMint, slid his debit card... through his ass.  That was political, though.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

mongers

Quote from: Jacob on June 06, 2014, 03:51:31 PM
Quote from: mongers on June 06, 2014, 03:48:24 PM
Quote from: Jacob on June 06, 2014, 03:32:15 PM
Quote from: mongers on June 06, 2014, 03:12:21 PM
:hmm:

I'm no longer a young man.

Maybe I should seek out a shepherdess ?  :D

Seems thematically appropriate.

I don't think the one I have in mind, has enough sheep.  :bowler:

Bah!

:D

Kinda odd thought, but is it just me, but doesn't shepherdess have undertones of a sexually attractive women ?

Maybe that was role Marie Antoinette was taking to heart or perhaps responsible in part for creating or strengthening ?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Jacob

Quote from: mongers on June 06, 2014, 05:45:32 PM:D

Kinda odd thought, but is it just me, but doesn't shepherdess have undertones of a sexually attractive women ?

Maybe that was role Marie Antoinette was taking to heart or perhaps responsible in part for creating or strengthening ?

It's not just you... shepherdess most definitely has undertones of sexual availability since ancient times. I believe it's a combination of:

1) They're fairly independent minded younger women, far away from any authority figures to prevent them from sleeping with you should they so desire.

2) They're lone young women of low social status, often far away from anybody else, so a convenient and repercussion free target of vigorous seduction and/or rape.

... so yeah, I think they've figured in the West European erotic imagination since ancient times.

Josquius

And its harder to get a sheep to lick your hoo-hah then to simply bum one.
Or so I'm told.
██████
██████
██████

Jaron

I used to work in food service as you're all keenly aware. Spit is, in fact, not rare at all. :P
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Jaron

I didn't do it! I just saw it happen.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tyr on June 06, 2014, 09:02:27 PM
And its harder to get a sheep to lick your hoo-hah then to simply bum one.
Or so I'm told.

I'm guessing Squeeze tripped for the first time tonight.

Jaron

What is my nickname again? Tits?

Admiral Yi

Josquius

A few months ago there was a sales tax rise in japan. It was a trifling amount. 2% or something.
Yet because of it loads of goods and services seem to have their price raised beyond 2%. E.g. A bottle of pop was 150 as standard, now it is 160.
There are several other niggling annoyances too, like train fares no longer being charged in round amounts.
The worst thing though is something that probably wouldn't be legal in the uk. Many Shops have taken to listing prices without the tax included. Just... What the hell? If the price on the board says
420 for a macha late then you shouldn't be charging me 451 for the thing. Grr....
██████
██████
██████

Ideologue

They don't list the tax here, either.  It is a bit of a pain.  At least on groceries it's not a big deal, since it's only 1%.  On restaurant food, if you forget, it can be kind of brutal--it's a 9% hospitality tax in Richland. :bleeding:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ideologue

Neat. :)

Next: Lego Antichrist.
Kinemalogue