And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

It's the American Way!  :yeah:

Admiral Yi

I feel sorry for the people who think that makes any sense.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 14, 2014, 09:15:22 PM
I feel sorry for the people who think that makes any sense.

Makes more sense than the economic estorica you pull out of your ass on a daily basis, fucknut.

http://blogs.reuters.com/macroscope/2014/01/24/why-are-us-corporate-profits-so-high-because-wages-are-so-low/

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Iormlund on May 14, 2014, 05:57:15 PM
Quote from: The Larch on May 14, 2014, 05:36:00 PM
Well, at this point in time it's quite normal. If HR goons implement a "if you've been unemployed for longer than (insert an arbitrary period of time) then you're essentially unemployable anymore" we'll end up with an unemployable lost generation.

I'm guessing we already have one, made up of 40+ yo dudes whose employer went under or were laid off in an ERE.
Eastern Roman Empire? :unsure:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

County got hit by a tornado. I enjoyed the time spent in the basement with no power.

The Larch

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 14, 2014, 10:01:01 PM
Quote from: Iormlund on May 14, 2014, 05:57:15 PM
Quote from: The Larch on May 14, 2014, 05:36:00 PM
Well, at this point in time it's quite normal. If HR goons implement a "if you've been unemployed for longer than (insert an arbitrary period of time) then you're essentially unemployable anymore" we'll end up with an unemployable lost generation.

I'm guessing we already have one, made up of 40+ yo dudes whose employer went under or were laid off in an ERE.
Eastern Roman Empire? :unsure:

Expediente de RegulaciĆ³n de Empleo. It's a mechanism for mass layoffs or drastic employment changes at a company in Spanish regulations.

Sheilbh

Quote from: The Larch on May 14, 2014, 06:28:56 PM
Yup, those are really fucked up, young people can still bounce back but a 40+ or 50+ person laid out in these last few years, even more if blue collar, have very few chances in the future.
I think they're generally fucked. But so are young people who aren't getting any work experience. Who'll want, in five years time, to hire a bunch of 30-somethings to entry level positions?
Let's bomb Russia!

Ed Anger

I'd rather have a 30 year old instead of some snotty 22 year old with a shitty attitude.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 14, 2014, 08:39:42 PM
Oh sure, and you give me the  :huh: when I say it.

Valmy was 74% less snarky in his post.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grey Fox

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 15, 2014, 07:52:27 AM
I'd rather have a 30 year old instead of some snotty 22 year old with a shitty attitude.

Hi.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 14, 2014, 10:09:56 PM
County got hit by a tornado. I enjoyed the time spent in the basement with no power.

We barely got any rain.  Saw lots of lightning in the distance, though.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Josquius

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 15, 2014, 07:50:07 AM
Yup, those are really fucked up, young people can still bounce back but a 40+ or 50+ person laid out in these last few years, even more if blue collar, have very few chances in the future.
I think they're generally fucked. But so are young people who aren't getting any work experience. Who'll want, in five years time, to hire a bunch of 30-somethings to entry level positions?
Yes. Thats the big worry. Even when things normalise and people start hiring young and inexperienced people again...what happens to those who are no longer young and inexperienced?
If I want back to the UK for instance I would no longer fall under the government statistics as a young unemployed person....
██████
██████
██████

Iormlund

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 15, 2014, 07:50:07 AM

The youngins have more options though. They can go to school or emigrate more easily.

Older folk have obligations (kids, mortgages) and in Spain rarely speak English (French was the foreign language in school for the generations raised under Franco's tutelage).

Valmy

Quote from: Iormlund on May 15, 2014, 11:05:40 AM
The youngins have more options though. They can go to school or emigrate more easily.

Older folk have obligations (kids, mortgages) and in Spain rarely speak English (French was the foreign language in school for the generations raised under Franco's tutelage).

So you are saying the older folks have a tremendous language advantage that makes up for their obligations? :frog:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."