News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

He had one or two fucked up views and some wrong views but generally he was great. Born into the upper echelons he gave it away to work for the common man. We need more like him.
██████
██████
██████

Brazen

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on March 14, 2014, 12:30:48 AM
Quote from: Syt on March 14, 2014, 12:08:14 AM
My greatest shame is that I can't grow a proper beard which I would much prefer to having to shave. Hair grows pretty much everywhere for me, but not in my face or on my head.

You're a man.  You should not feel any shame.  Your body (and your hair) is what it is - embrace it. :hug:

While women should feel shame about body issues?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on March 14, 2014, 07:41:38 AM

Sure.  Too many stretch-marked fatties at the beach.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Not directed at you as you also said men should feel shame.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on March 13, 2014, 11:38:54 PM
Don't take derspiess too seriously, then density of his Hitler mustache pretty much exhausts his follicle resources.

I actually have a Lenin goatee :D
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Agelastus

Quote from: Tyr on March 14, 2014, 06:39:20 AM
He had one or two fucked up views and some wrong views but generally he was great. Born into the upper echelons he gave it away to work for the common man. We need more like him.

One of the things I couldn't stand about him; if he wanted to work for the common man he could have done it easily enough without abandoning his birthright and effectively spitting on his ancestors.

He stayed in the Commons for the power, not the principle; he wanted to be prime-minister rather than simply a holder of a minor ministerial office and he couldn't be that in the Lords.

Still, as I said, I'll miss him; wrongheaded as I thought him to be he was still a cut above any current British politician I can think of.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

The Larch

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on March 13, 2014, 11:38:54 PMI can't really imagine what could possibly be so gross or off-putting about male body hair... :mellow:  I'm not a hairy fellow by any means, but it's only a matter of degree for most men who don't have hormonal or other medical issues.

When I played rugby a teammate had a thick coat of fur all over his back. Really thick, took him ages to get dry after showering. That was a bit too much.

He ended up lasering it off, patch by patch over a whole season.

jimmy olsen

I believe I'm average to below average in the hairiness department back home, but it's way more than Koreans are used to. Kids try to touch sometimes, it's creepy.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

I'm confused on body hair. Sometimes I hear its good, sometimes I hear its bad, gah.
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

Didn't someone post an article here a while back where a black dude said they kept trying to touch his penis?  :lol:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 14, 2014, 10:37:30 AM
Didn't someone post an article here a while back where a black dude said they kept trying to touch his penis?  :lol:
I know a black guy who said an old man walked by at a sauna and gave it a slap.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

derspiess

When a buddy of mine goes swimming at the Y, he says there is a group of kids who call him Chewbacca & make the sounds.  We just call him Harry Backman.

Barrister

My greatest shame is that I can't grow a proper beard which I would much prefer to having to shave. Hair grows pretty much everywhere for me, but not in my face or on my head.

You're a man.  You should not feel any shame.  Your body (and your hair) is what it is - embrace it. :hug:

When did I ever say that? :huh:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on March 14, 2014, 10:47:31 AM

When did I ever say that? :huh:

You said as a man one shouldn't feel any shame - and noted early about men not needing to feel shame for body issues.

I'm not sure why that is a gender-specific notion.