News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

That seems to be an awkward way to read a book.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Ideologue

My chick digs my body hair.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on March 13, 2014, 09:07:37 PM
Quote from: garbon on March 13, 2014, 09:05:24 PM
So you take umbrage with shirtless men in the summer (and thinking specifically pools, beaches)?

I can tune out most guys, but hairy dudes stand out & should wear their shirts in shame.  That's what my half-Syrian cousin always did at the beach :D  But he was also really fat.

So people with a normal amount of body hair should be ashamed of what comes naturally? :huh:

If anything hairless freaks should be ashamed of their lack of virility.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Quote from: garbon on March 13, 2014, 09:48:51 PM
Quote from: derspiess on March 13, 2014, 09:07:37 PM
Quote from: garbon on March 13, 2014, 09:05:24 PM
So you take umbrage with shirtless men in the summer (and thinking specifically pools, beaches)?

I can tune out most guys, but hairy dudes stand out & should wear their shirts in shame.  That's what my half-Syrian cousin always did at the beach :D  But he was also really fat.

So people with a normal amount of body hair should be ashamed of what comes naturally? :huh:

If anything hairless freaks should be ashamed of their lack of virility.

I have very little body hair, and feel no shame. :mellow:

I have always thought though that one of the greatest things about being a man is not having the crippling body issues that women do.  I love it when I see a big fat guy with no shirt, a bald guy proudly rocking his chrome dome, a hairy guy being, well, hairy.  You're you, dude - feel proud.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on March 13, 2014, 11:18:44 PM
I love it when I see a big fat guy with no shirt

Ugh. I think, be a little considerate and think about what you are subjecting people to. So rarely a genetics issue like the other bits I cropped out.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Capetan Mihali

Don't take derspiess too seriously, then density of his Hitler mustache pretty much exhausts his follicle resources.

I can't really imagine what could possibly be so gross or off-putting about male body hair... :mellow:  I'm not a hairy fellow by any means, but it's only a matter of degree for most men who don't have hormonal or other medical issues.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Syt

My greatest shame is that I can't grow a proper beard which I would much prefer to having to shave. Hair grows pretty much everywhere for me, but not in my face or on my head.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Barrister

Quote from: Syt on March 14, 2014, 12:08:14 AM
My greatest shame is that I can't grow a proper beard which I would much prefer to having to shave. Hair grows pretty much everywhere for me, but not in my face or on my head.

You're a man.  You should not feel any shame.  Your body (and your hair) is what it is - embrace it. :hug:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Brazen

Colour Battle of Britain footage from inside a Messerschmitt:
http://www.uasvision.com/2014/03/14/battle-of-britain-camera-onboard-messerschmitt-109/

German speakers, I''d be interested to know some of what the pilot's saying.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Brazen on March 14, 2014, 05:18:00 AM

At around the 2:10 mark, you get the universal language for Holy Fucking Shit.

Maladict

Why would the Spitfire fly inbetween the two Me's?

edit: it's not 1940 footage is it?

Tonitrus

Quote from: Brazen on March 14, 2014, 05:18:00 AM
Colour Battle of Britain footage from inside a Messerschmitt:
http://www.uasvision.com/2014/03/14/battle-of-britain-camera-onboard-messerschmitt-109/

Many of the youtube comments are calling it a fake (well, saying it is actually modern footage).

Beenherebefore

The artist formerly known as Norgy

Agelastus

Quote from: Beenherebefore on March 14, 2014, 06:05:48 AM
Sadly, Tony Benn has died.  :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WbtFga4c3g

I couldn't stand him in life, but, strangely, I find that I'll miss him in death. :(
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Beenherebefore

Too far to the left for my liking, but always seemed like a man of integrity and a strong voice in British politics.

He comes across well in the Ali G interview.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/tony-benn-meets-ali-g-watch-labour-veteran-burn-sacha-baron-cohen-9192169.html
The artist formerly known as Norgy