News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Quote from: Barrister on March 12, 2014, 04:31:28 PM
I was amused to find a bunch of nazi memorabilia (3rd Reich stamps mostly, but some other stuff) for sale in Lichtenstein.
There's an antique shop in Sarajevo with an alarming amount of Nazi memorabilia. Apparently Germans are his best customers :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

Quote from: Liep on March 12, 2014, 05:07:45 PM
Although, I'm not too sure I fancy the tactic of just repeating your question endlessly when the interviewee obviously has no intention of answering it. :hmm:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uwlsd8RAoqI
?
From 2:50 on.
Let's bomb Russia!

katmai

Quote from: Liep on March 12, 2014, 04:49:30 PM
I love Danish journalist Martin Krasnik. His expression of despair when he has a politician caught deep in his own pool of bullshit is priceless.
What did your dad do now? :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Liep

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 12, 2014, 05:28:30 PM
Quote from: Liep on March 12, 2014, 05:07:45 PM
Although, I'm not too sure I fancy the tactic of just repeating your question endlessly when the interviewee obviously has no intention of answering it. :hmm:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uwlsd8RAoqI
?
From 2:50 on.

:lol:

Yes, something like that. It gets annoying and after the third avoidance the journalists has proved his point or made himself look stupid.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Quote from: katmai on March 12, 2014, 05:57:42 PM
Quote from: Liep on March 12, 2014, 04:49:30 PM
I love Danish journalist Martin Krasnik. His expression of despair when he has a politician caught deep in his own pool of bullshit is priceless.
What did your dad do now? :P

:P This was Bertel Haarder, a pro-EU politican, that is, until his party changed stance so now he's not-so-pro-EU.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 12, 2014, 04:35:34 PM
I have a Luftwaffe dagger. Thoughtfully removed from the corpse of the owner.

All I have are an Iron Cross 2nd Class, Wound Badge in Black, and a War Merit Cross.  Oh, and a late-pattern Schützenschnur I can't find.  Got good deals on them all back when you could buy the stuff on ebay. 

I'm guessing your dagger is worth quite a bit.  Even the East German ones are obscenely valued.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

What's a Schutzenschnur (mit tits on top)?

Ed Anger

Christ, my GERD is acting up.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 12, 2014, 06:38:12 PM
What's a Schutzenschnur (mit tits on top)?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_Armed_Forces_Badge_of_Marksmanship

As an ROTC cadet I was awarded the current Bundeswehr version & got to wear it on my dress uniform.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Raz is unaffected by local bar closing.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 12, 2014, 09:31:57 AM
Time to get married.

A key source of the boredom is a lack of anyone of marriageable age, of either gender, around :contract:
██████
██████
██████

alfred russel

Quote from: Tyr on March 12, 2014, 09:15:39 PM
Time to get married.

A key source of the boredom is a lack of anyone of marriageable age, of either gender, around :contract:

Man Japan is old.

Tyr, don't rule out older women. Remember that all cats are gray in the dark.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

DGuller

Quote from: alfred russel on March 12, 2014, 09:34:48 PM
Quote from: Tyr on March 12, 2014, 09:15:39 PM
Time to get married.

Man Japan is old.

Tyr, don't rule out older women. Remember that all cats are gray in the dark.
:huh: You're talking to Tyr, not The Brain.

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Razgovory on March 12, 2014, 08:13:49 PM
Raz is unaffected by local bar closing.

:(  My thoughts are with your brother during this trying time.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point