And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

That blonde was hot. So is Grace Park.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Zanza

I voted for the worker's council today. There were seven different lists, two of them from unions, five of them independent groups. Their policies don't differ too much I guess, think Judean People's Front and People's Front of Judea. This election happens every four years and is a core instrument for co-determination in German companies.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

Quote from: Malthus on March 12, 2014, 12:34:01 PM
The guy running the booth was himself Black - and apparently, so were most of his clients. Go figure.
Well duh.  No white guy is going to buy racist paraphernalia from a black dude.  :lol:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on March 12, 2014, 01:47:56 PM
The guy running the booth was himself Black - and apparently, so were most of his clients. Go figure.
Well duh.  No white guy is going to buy racist paraphernalia from a black dude.  :lol:

If the black dude is acting all Amos & Andy, he might.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Malthus

Quote from: Caliga on March 12, 2014, 01:47:56 PM

Not so - buying the stuff from a Black dude makes it deniable as to racism, makes the stuff more in the 'ironic' category.

I'm guessing that the clientele was probably 50% 'people buying ot for the ironic/conversation piece value' and 50 'hardcore memorobilia collectors', with only a tiny percentage 'hardcore racists'. Most of this clientele would find it easier to buy racist stuff from a Black man, not harder.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Beenherebefore

Otters. The new Islamists.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/otter-launches-bloody-attack-on-restaurant-leaves-owner--terrified-9187346.html

QuoteA wounded otter went on a "bloody" rampage in a burger joint, causing terrified customers to flee the restaurant over fears the animal would launch an attack.
The artist formerly known as Norgy

garbon

Quote from: Beenherebefore on March 12, 2014, 03:15:46 PM

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/otter-launches-bloody-attack-on-restaurant-leaves-owner--terrified-9187346.html

QuoteA wounded otter went on a "bloody" rampage in a burger joint, causing terrified customers to flee the restaurant over fears the animal would launch an attack.

For a second I was concerned that we were talking about these. :(

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Quote from: garbon on March 12, 2014, 12:08:05 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 12, 2014, 10:48:24 AM
They have entire malls just for antiques?  :huh:

I've been to a few. One in Maine had tons of nazi memorabilia and there were many disclaimers about the sellers not supporting the ideology.

I almost bought a swastika armband once from a seller.  :blush:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

I was amused to find a bunch of nazi memorabilia (3rd Reich stamps mostly, but some other stuff) for sale in Lichtenstein.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

I have a Luftwaffe dagger. Thoughtfully removed from the corpse of the owner.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

I have Ludendorff's war memories, 1941 edition. And a Brockhaus one volume encyclopedia from 1939 (and a two volume one from 1912). And an atlas from late 1939 that's rather confused on what to do with Poland.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Liep

I love Danish journalist Martin Krasnik. His expression of despair when he has a politician caught deep in his own pool of bullshit is priceless.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Although, I'm not too sure I fancy the tactic of just repeating your question endlessly when the interviewee obviously has no intention of answering it. :hmm:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Tonitrus

Quote from: Beenherebefore on March 12, 2014, 03:15:46 PM

QuoteSkippy's Fast Food

QuoteÅlesund, Norway

Quoteowner Mohamed Rashed

:hmm: