News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

Quote from: Malthus on February 25, 2014, 04:59:47 PM
This is awesome. A fantasy come true.

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Gold-Country-couple-discovers-millions-in-buried-5266314.php

Strange.  I guess a hoard made during the 30s when they were calling in the gold to melt down?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Iormlund

Hmmm ... where does Vegas get water from?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Malthus on February 25, 2014, 04:59:47 PM
This is awesome. A fantasy come true.

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Gold-Country-couple-discovers-millions-in-buried-5266314.php
That first comment! :bleeding:

Keep the gold. Why trade it in for fiat currency that becomes more and more worthless with each passing day. Those coins will only gain in value. Can't say that about our pathetic dollar.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 25, 2014, 05:48:31 PM
That first comment! :bleeding:

So that is what Ron Paul is doing these days.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 25, 2014, 05:45:17 PM
Aka, Josq's nightmare.

Fortunately he can check out the Detroit video and see it shrink.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 25, 2014, 05:53:12 PM
Quote from: Iormlund on February 25, 2014, 05:47:00 PM
Hmmm ... where does Vegas get water from?

IIRC, Lake Mead.

Yes. And also some aquifers that pull from as far north as Elko County. The lake has been dropping in level for a long time now actually.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

crazy canuck

Worth its own thread?

The Pope is bringing Liberation Theology in from the cold.  Perhaps not all that unpredicatable but still significant.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/criticized-by-benedict-liberation-theology-founder-gets-heros-welcome-at-vatican/article17101918/

Jacob

Interesting. So far, this Pope Francis gets thumbs up from me.

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.