News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on February 04, 2014, 11:45:32 AM
I don't think she was trying to brad. I think she was doing what women do on xojane - venting. :mellow:

Well fair enough.  I hope it is less terrible than places where men go to vent.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on February 04, 2014, 01:44:28 PM
Quote from: garbon on February 04, 2014, 11:45:32 AM
I don't think she was trying to brad. I think she was doing what women do on xojane - venting. :mellow:

Well fair enough.  I hope it is less terrible than places where men go to vent.

From her article, it sounds like one drunk man wanted to vent on her boobs.

It does not say if she let him, though.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Jacob

jimmy olsen

Sipping on vanilla coke and vodka, nibbling on colby jack and salt & vinegar chips, as I watch videos on human evolution from a MOOC at my Mom's house.

Life is good :ccr
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 04, 2014, 04:37:02 PM
vanilla coke and vodka . . . colby jack  . . . salt & vinegar chips

The horror.  The horror.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

garbon

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on February 04, 2014, 04:41:16 PM

The horror.  The horror.

Hey, colby jack has its uses as faintly tasting filler. :angry:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on February 04, 2014, 04:41:16 PM

The horror.  The horror.
What do you have against colby jack? :yeahright:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: garbon on February 04, 2014, 04:44:12 PM
faintly tasting filler

And that's the pro side of the argument.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

derspiess

Yeah.  Good time to re-evaluate your life, Tim.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ideologue

Last drink I had was vanilla vodka and diet coke.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on February 04, 2014, 06:09:33 PM
Last drink I had was vanilla vodka and diet coke.

Good that you stopped all that then.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

My mom never new that her son was a nerd till her daughter told her.  She apparently thought it was normal for teenage boys to spend Saturdays with stacks of books, graph paper and calculators determining the movement of elves.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Minsky Moment

Languish is making me think there is a Gresham's law for achohol - the bad booze drives out the good.
--Joan Robinson

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on February 04, 2014, 09:04:00 PM
Languish is making me think there is a Gresham's law for achohol - the bad booze drives out the good.

Yes. Avoid Coors Lite for sure.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ideologue

Yeah, my vanilla Stolichnaya is fucking swill.

Joan and garbon are the reason President Donald Pleasance built that wall.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)