News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on February 04, 2014, 10:52:17 PM
Yeah, my vanilla Stolichnaya is fucking swill.

Joan and garbon are the reason President Donald Pleasance chose Manhattan.

YOU'RE THE DUKE! A NUMBER ONE!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on February 04, 2014, 10:52:17 PM
Yeah, my vanilla Stolichnaya is fucking swill.

Higher price = good? :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

No.  But it tastes fine.  Your snobbishness is infuriating and often baseless.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Stoli? Sure. Vanilla vodka? No.

Besides, I'm not a snob.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Capetan Mihali

I bet you could find a vanilla-flavored vodka that tastes just as fine for half the price...
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Ideologue

Possibly.  How about vanilla heroin?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ideologue

Well, damn, I guess I'll just call off my master plan, years in the making, to force everyone to drink vanilla vodka.
Kinemalogue

garbon

I want to hear more about your master plans to make everyone do what you want.

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Ideologue on February 04, 2014, 11:03:51 PM
Possibly.  How about vanilla heroin?

A much better value.  And tastes much better mixed with Diet Coke.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

MadImmortalMan

Good vodka is increasingly cheap to make. Just saying.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on February 04, 2014, 05:02:41 PM
Quote from: garbon on February 04, 2014, 04:44:12 PM
faintly tasting filler

And that's the pro side of the argument.

Indeed, since it's coming from somebody who does not know what champagne is.
As for vanilla coke and vodka, it's bad vodka I guess or hope, given the track record.

Josquius

Is vanilla coke always available in the US?
In the UK and Japan it briefly appeared in summer then vanished again. A coca cola Japan guy told me it was just a special summer thing like cherry coke is a special winter thing.
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

I think so. The US has hundreds of Coke flavors.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Larch

It is also available in Germany and Austria. I tried it when I was there and found it disgusting.