News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

QuoteTo delegitimize my identity is to delegitimize the experience of my enslaved ancestors who worked hard and fought harder to finally receive freedom from enslavement. To be AfroDominicana is to acknowledge the past that goes unspoken and unrecognized, the past showcased in the texture of my hair, the language I speak, the food I eat, and the music I dance to.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

BOLD PREDICTION: Zanza is going to fall hard for that sweet southern drawl and nab a Bama hausfrau.  :)

Grinning_Colossus

Aha! Fo'sey Kno'sey did it after all!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-25941999

QuoteA court in Italy has reinstated the guilty verdicts against Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito for the murder of UK student Meredith Kercher in 2007.

American Knox - who is in the US - and her Italian ex-boyfriend Sollecito had pleaded not guilty.

She was sentenced to 28 years and six months in jail, while Sollecito received 25 years. :contract:

The latest verdict overturns the pair's successful 2011 appeal, which freed them after four years in jail.

Ms Kercher was stabbed to death in the flat she shared in Perugia with Knox.

After nearly 12 hours of deliberations, the judges delivered their verdict in a courtroom in Florence, Tuscany.

They ordered that damages should be paid by the pair to the family of Ms Kercher. Ms Kercher's brother Lyle and sister Stephanie were present when the verdict was read out.

I knew she was too hot to be innocent.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

lustindarkness

Quote from: Zanza on January 29, 2014, 03:04:47 PM
I just applied for a job in Alabama...  :alberta:

:nelson:  Moving to Alabama for a job.

:unsure:  Oh wait.  :blush:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Admiral Yi

Would a movie about Krauts running an auto factory in the US be funny?  :hmm:

Caliga

Will they make everyone take a: wurst break
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on January 30, 2014, 05:27:34 PM
Will they make everyone take a: wurst break

Add bier to that & I'll be the first to apply.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on January 30, 2014, 03:50:03 PM
QuoteTo delegitimize my identity is to delegitimize the experience of my enslaved ancestors who worked hard and fought harder to finally receive freedom from enslavement. To be AfroDominicana is to acknowledge the past that goes unspoken and unrecognized, the past showcased in the texture of my hair, the language I speak, the food I eat, and the music I dance to.

How does one go about delegitimizing an identity? :hmm:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on January 30, 2014, 05:38:38 PM

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 30, 2014, 05:42:38 PM
Quote from: Valmy on January 30, 2014, 05:38:38 PM

LOL leftist internet warrior cat calendar
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

I thought you would enjoy it. And a certain other person.