News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

In the second half of '13 US GDP grew by 3.7% annualized.

America, fuck yeah!

DGuller

Eddie Teach

Party like it's 1999. You know, the year before the dot com bubble burst.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

My shareholder value is up.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

I will certainly be happier pushing boxes tomorrow.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

24th and 25th homicides last night for the year so far.  Not even record freezing temps gonna keep this town down!

Iormlund

I think we get something like 10 homicides a year here (for roughly 700k inhab). The closest I've ever been to one was when they found the walled in corpse of one of the neighbours down the hall. Found the killer back in Cuba IIRC.

katmai

While this freezing burg has had one.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

Look at all those downward shifts in murder rates, well apart from a couple places.

Though apparently New York had 22 murders in the first 20 days.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

That only puts you at around 1/10 of Baltimore's rate per capita.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

No official numbers for 2013 yet, but in 2012 there were 36 homicides in Austria (pop. ca. 8 Million). (Or 56, according to wiki ... :unsure: ).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 31, 2014, 12:10:54 AM
That only puts you at around 1/10 of Baltimore's rate per capita.

:showoff:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Syt on January 31, 2014, 12:21:32 AM
No official numbers for 2013 yet, but in 2012 there were 36 homicides in Austria (pop. ca. 8 Million). (Or 56, according to wiki ... :unsure: ).

Cannibals weren't hungry last year?

Syt

Germans are the cannibals. Austrians lock girls and family in basements.
—Stephen Jay Gould