News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

A little birdie mentioned bupropion.

But how about Adderall?  I know I was complaining about a lack of ability to focus earlier, but that's subsided and I can more or less pay attention to shit now.  Still, performance enhancement is always good, and my understanding is that dextroamphetamine is a good appetite suppressant.  Mihali, to me: will they prescribe this purely because I'm vain and because I'd like some assistance viz. my cognitively-normal dislike for concentrating on boring shit?  Or do I have to pretend to be, in fact, borderline retarded, unable to complete simple tasks, like the average college freshman?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ideologue on December 18, 2013, 04:01:15 AM
Jesus Christ.  I've gained at least five and possibly something like ten fucking pounds since I quit smoking.  And this is with a lot more exercise.

Nope, I'm starting again tomorrow.  I'd rather get cancer than get fat.  Although let's face it: 181 pounds at 5'10" is fucking fat.  Science sez so.

How in God's name do I get rid of this appetite, short of relapsing?  I feel like I am starving all the time.  I was fixing food when I weighed myself.  I want to throw it out, but I did pay for it and I am actually hungry.
If you'd had cancer before you would not say that.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

<_< That's manipulative, Tim.

But if your mom died of being fat, you might.

Actually, I'm pretty sure the stroke was probably more related to smoking.  Instead, I should be more clear--if your mother lived a terrible life of depression and misery in large part because she was fat, you might.

FINE.  I'll just do some more push-ups or something.  Soon I'll be ready to fight Bane! :grr:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Razgovory

Don't worry Ide, I can guarantee you will not die from being fat.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on December 18, 2013, 04:29:04 AM
Don't worry Ide, I can guarantee you will not die from being fat.

No you can't. He might try to run and be unable to get away because he's fat.  :ph34r:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Iormlund

Syt

Suddenly, Ninja Makeover!

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue

Syt

Saudi-Arabia, actually. More pictures at The New Yorker:

The View from Riyadh: Working Women
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

Feminization.
LOL.
That word usually means something rather different...
██████
██████
██████

derspiess

Good Lord.  In that region they either wear zero makeup or apply it with a spatula.  Hopefully in 200 years or so they'll figure out a happy medium.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Brazen

After Nelson Mandela's death being announced during the première of Long Walk To Freedom and Ronnie Biggs dying the day the BBC is scheduled to broadcast its new Great Train Robbery drama, I'm officially putting my autobiographical production on hold.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 18, 2013, 02:01:53 AM
Quote from: garbon on December 18, 2013, 12:26:03 AM
Fell on my ass on the ice, darlings. Got some nice looking cuts. These two old women just stared on even as I started to walk away until I told them I was alright.
Yikes, hope those cuts aren't too bad. :hug:

Nope, completely superficial. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Quote from: Iormlund on December 18, 2013, 05:47:51 AM

:lol:

I need these.  My wife isn't into crochet, but some of her friends are :hmm:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall