And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

A lot better than giving him two shells

Admiral Yi

Got a nice surprise at the pharmacy.  Restatin (eye drops that make you tear more) cost $325/month retail, but after my insurance I only paid $25 out of pocket.  :)

Then as I was driving to the theater to see that clunker 12 Years a Slave on The Log's suggestion, the train left the crossing just as I was pulling up. :yeah:

Jacob

One hour documentary on what it's like to grow up very very wealthy in the US: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7xhuSxyHWRw

garbon

Why do most of them surround themselves with such drab decor?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ideologue

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 16, 2013, 07:04:38 PM
Then as I was driving to the theater to see that clunker 12 Years a Slave on The Log's suggestion

Sure, it was just me. :D
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Sheilbh

QuoteArtificial leg prompts 'paedophile panic' at swimming pool and evacuation of children
Saturday 14 Dec 2013 4:43 pm

The prosthetic leg was reportedly poking under a cubicle (Picture: Alamy)

An entire class of primary school children was evacuated from a swimming pool – because a prosthetic leg sticking out from underneath a cubicle was thought to be a paedophile.

The alarm was raised when staff noticed the foot poking out as the eight- and nine-year-olds got changed following a swimming lesson.

Teachers immediately took the children out of Larkfield Leisure Centre in Aylesford, Kent, but were stunned to discover that the foot was actually part of a prosthetic leg.

A disabled man had innocently left it in his cubicle while he went for a swim.

'We had 60 children at the pool that day, although they weren't all in there at once,' Kerry Thomas, head of Kings Hill Primary near West Malling, told the Daily Mirror.

'One of the members of staff had seen it, and we quickly moved the children out, and everything was dealt with in accordance with school policy.'
What I'd like to know is what those teachers were doing there when the 8-9 year olds were changing? <_<
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 16, 2013, 10:33:15 PM
What I'd like to know is what those teachers were doing there when the 8-9 year olds were changing? <_<

When I was a child taking swimming lessons, my instructors used to change in the same room. One of my earliest memories of latent homosexuality. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

Do they not do that anymore?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ideologue

I've been looking at my posts today, and I've been missing a lot of articles in my sentences.  It's weird; it's like DGuller hacked my account.  Is this how your brain dies, first you become a Russian?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on December 16, 2013, 10:43:59 PM
I've been looking at my posts today, and I've been missing a lot of articles in my sentences.  It's weird; it's like DGuller hacked my account.  Is this how your brain dies, first you become a Russian?

Do you crave beets and turnips?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

Quote from: garbon on December 16, 2013, 10:35:35 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on December 16, 2013, 10:33:15 PM

When I was a child taking swimming lessons, my instructors used to change in the same room. One of my earliest memories of latent homosexuality. -_-

Not that, but in gym class when we were 11 or so, our male teacher always went into the hall through the girls' changing room. When one boy in class pointed out that he had a boner every time he did it, he got slapped by the teacher. Nothing else happened. The teacher still works there. This case would probably be handled differently now than 25 years ago.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DGuller

Quote from: Ideologue on December 16, 2013, 10:43:59 PM
:mad:

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Ideologue on December 16, 2013, 10:27:59 PM

I don't think anyone else has been flogging it.  :huh:

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 17, 2013, 03:19:40 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on December 16, 2013, 10:27:59 PM

I don't think anyone else has been flogging it.  :huh:
I think Ide was making a more general societal statement.

96% of critics rate it fresh and 93% of the audience
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/12_years_a_slave/
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point