And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Admiral Yi

More fun JFK assassination factoids. 

Oswald had two children with his Russian wife Marina.  She remarried and still lives in Dallas.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josephus

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 18, 2013, 10:05:22 PM
I'd develop an app that causes pain in my enemies. In the testicles.

I actually woke up this morning with a pain in my testes.  :hmm:
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ed Anger

Quote from: Josephus on November 20, 2013, 07:17:14 PM

You are: not my enemy.

Josephus

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 20, 2013, 07:24:20 PM

You are: not my enemy.

Damn...so it might be something serious then... :lol:
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 20, 2013, 06:41:44 PM
More fun JFK assassination factoids. 

Oswald had two children with his Russian wife Marina.  She remarried and still lives in Dallas.

Have you seen the Gary Oldman portrayal of him ?

I thought it made him and his family dynamics seem real and understandable.

Obviously not the film they'll show on this anniversary, but definitely worth catching.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 20, 2013, 08:47:03 PM
Don't think I have.

Oops, sorry I'm confusing him with someone else, plus he played the part in JFK, I'll imdb to see who it was.  :blush:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Grey Fox

I had that in early september. I had ultrasound done & it turned out I had this : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epididymitis
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ed Anger

11B4V

http://www.newser.com/story/177923/costco-sorry-about-labeling-bible-fiction.html?utm_source=part&utm_medium=united&utm_campaign=rss_top

QuoteCostco in Simi Valley labels Bibles as fiction; pastor disagrees
A Costco in Simi Valley found itself in a flap this week after a local pastor posted a photo on Twitter showing Bibles at the big-box store labeled as fiction.

Caleb Kaltenbach, pastor of Discovery Church, came across the Bibles while shopping for a gift and tweeted the picture on Friday with the comment: "Costco has Bibles for sale under the genre of FICTION Hmmmm..."

That didn't sit well with members of his congregation.

"I was completely offended. It's wrong, and I believe that the Bible is real," Shellie Dungan told KTLA-TV.

Word of the fiction label spread quickly on social media, propelling Kaltenbach onto local and national TV broadcasts, including Fox News, which labeled its segment "50 Shades of Fiction?"

For all the brouhaha, Kaltenbach said the discussions the label has sparked have been good for the faith community.

"It's caused a lot of controversy, it's caused a lot of conversation, which I think conversation is good," he told KCBS-TV.

For its part, Costco released a statement to Fox News, saying a distributor had mislabeled a "small percentage" of Bibles before sending them to the store.

"However, we take responsibility and should have caught the mistake. We are correcting this with them for future distribution," Costco said. All mislabeled Bibles were also immediately relabeled.

"We greatly apologize for the error," the store said in its statement.

Kaltenbach told Elisabeth Hasselbeck on Fox News the label "probably was a mistake, I have no idea." But, he added, the issue highlighted the fact that "we do need to be vocal about our faith."

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

fhdz

How were they re-labeled? "Non-fiction"?
and the horse you rode in on

Sheilbh

Via a friend in the Netherlands. Dutch casual racism on Holland's Got Talent:
http://www.vkmag.com/magazine/hollands_got_talent_viraal_als_racistisch_programma/
:bleeding: The poor guy :(
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

:bleeding:

Dude just won't let it go.

It's Dutch TV, but they're speaking English w/ Dutch subtitles.  :hmm: