News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 21, 2013, 01:54:10 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on November 21, 2013, 01:08:04 PM
Either that, or they mean things like "charge double" and "was rude to waitress".

"This guy's zipper was down the whole meal."

"This lady's breath makes me want to vomit."

An urban myth about misunderstood Chinese: a non-Chinese woman went to a Chinese restaurant and was entranced by the beauty of some caligraphy on the menu. So she added it to the design of a sweater she was knitting.

She proudly wears it back to the restaurant, with the caligraphy across her chest, only to have everyone laugh at her. Asking why, she's told that the characters spell out "This dish is cheap, but tasty".
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Malthus on November 21, 2013, 02:21:20 PM"This dish is cheap, but tasty".

Heh. Well that's not bad. Usually it's the other way around. Expensive and bland.  :lol:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

The Brain

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on November 21, 2013, 03:58:15 PM
Quote from: Malthus on November 21, 2013, 02:21:20 PM"This dish is cheap, but tasty".

Heh. Well that's not bad. Usually it's the other way around. Expensive and bland.  :lol:

Men. :rolleyes:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Admiral Yi

You think Chink food is expensive and bland?

derspiess

Just got back from a dinner & drinks event we had with a company we're partnering with. 

I want to go work for that company now. :(
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: lustindarkness on November 21, 2013, 01:54:32 PM
Just had me some "Turron Duro de Almendra"  :licklips:

Yum.  We stock up on that for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years here.   Castillo de Jijona is our preferred brand.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ideologue

Quote from: derspiess on November 21, 2013, 12:07:01 PM
Was in a management meeting this morning and one newly-anointed supervisor said "documentate".  She said it more than once.  Bugged the shit out of me for the rest of the meeting, and it was one of those wonderful non-productive two-hour ones.

Sometimes I think I should stop framing everything as the end of Western civilization, but it's really hard not to feel that there is something wrong when a mouth-breathing retard like this probably makes $80,000 a year.

Or does she have hard skills of some type?  If so, please disregard.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on November 22, 2013, 01:37:34 AM
Was in a management meeting this morning and one newly-anointed supervisor said "documentate".  She said it more than once.  Bugged the shit out of me for the rest of the meeting, and it was one of those wonderful non-productive two-hour ones.

Sometimes I think I should stop framing everything as the end of Western civilization, but it's really hard not to feel that there is something wrong when a mouth-breathing retard like this probably makes $80,000 a year.

Or does she have hard skills of some type?  If so, please disregard.

I used to make 6 figures by doing absolutely nothing in meetings. Except play Galcon on an iPod.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

Also, I can't sleep. Neurontin picked tonight to make me it's bitch.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 22, 2013, 03:30:07 AM
Also, I can't sleep. Neurontin picked tonight to make me it's bitch.

Sorry el jefe.

I'm just finishing off working from 9am to midnight on tv pilot ugh.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Brazen

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on November 22, 2013, 01:37:34 AM

And probably redecorated my old office.

Syt

Quote from: Brazen on November 22, 2013, 06:09:34 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on November 21, 2013, 02:06:24 PM
Rejoice?
http://www.buzzfeed.com/jimwaterson/london-underground-to-stay-open-all-night-at-weekends
Unfortunately it means the Tube will be full of the psychopaths that are usually confined to the night buses.

They introduced it in Vienna a few years ago (which is REALLY nice if you live close to a subway station), because the night buses are usually horrible. Taxis aren't outrageously expensive, though - I pay 12-15 EUR for a trip through half the town at 2 am).

Still, on weekend nights the subway has a much increased police presence.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.