News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

Hey Seedy, I ordered a soft top today for the Jeep.  Should be here just in time for the weather to go from 75ish during the day to 45ish (end of this week).  <_<

Quadratec has one now that includes the Bestop hardware (the bow + door surrounds and shit like that) with their Quadratop fabric for a couple hundred less than the full Bestop setup if you're in a place where you can have one of those now.

Admiral Yi

I've argued for the longest time that the real enforcers of the slut prohibition are other women.

Eddie Teach

Yeah the only guy who is against is her dad.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Tonitrus

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on November 19, 2013, 06:48:49 PM
Hey Seedy, I ordered a soft top today for the Jeep.  Should be here just in time for the weather to go from 75ish during the day to 45ish (end of this week).  <_<

Quadratec has one now that includes the Bestop hardware (the bow + door surrounds and shit like that) with their Quadratop fabric for a couple hundred less than the full Bestop setup if you're in a place where you can have one of those now.

If I were to switch to the dark side...I might for one of these...

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/11/18/jeep-brings-back-willyssort/?intcmp=features

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Tonitrus on November 19, 2013, 08:08:00 PM
If I were to switch to the dark side...I might for one of these...

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/11/18/jeep-brings-back-willyssort/?intcmp=features

Appears to be kind of a Rubicon, but not quite, plus the appearance package.  They'll be bringing a diesel engine to the US Wranglers in 2016, which I think I want.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on November 19, 2013, 06:48:49 PM

Yeah, it's interesting to see Quadratec expand their branding into more aspects.  Though now I have access to a garage, I have no money.   :lol:

mongers

RIP - Prof Peter Frank, expert on Soviet Union and Eastern Europe; I vividly remember him on Channel 4 News explaining what was happening during the collapse of 89 and the subsequent unravelling of the Soviet Union.  A great communicator.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ideologue

Quote from: Caliga on November 19, 2013, 01:19:14 PM
I guess another question is: are movies on Blu-Ray somehow better than movies you would d/l from say Netflix?

I think so, absolutely.  Netflix streaming is subject to the viscisitudes vissitudes vississippis whims of the Internet, sometimes coming in what appears to be HD, sometimes muddy as shit (and I've noticed that their compression very often makes black gradients blocky and disgusting).

DVD isn't much worse than BD though, but it is noticeable.  And of course not all BDs are created equal.  Some look genuinely amazing, some only look slightly better than a good DVD.

P.S. This is a side issue, but I've noticed some DVDs for some movies will try to fill the whole HDTV screen.  I'm pretty sure The Maltese Falcon was not shot in 1.77.:1.  I've never had an AR issue with BD.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

I learned from CNN today that Gerald Ford was on the Warren Commission.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ideologue on November 19, 2013, 11:17:29 PM
viscisitudes vissitudes vississippis whims o

vicissitudes

I know that's right because my browser's not drawing a red line under it.   :D
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 20, 2013, 05:31:47 PM
I learned from CNN today that Gerald Ford was on the Warren Commission.

What, you don't have a copy of the report?  Dork.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

sbr