News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 18, 2013, 06:11:36 PM
Martin Bashir apologizes for saying somebody should shit in Sarah Palin's mouth.

Brits.  :rolleyes:

Hey, what comes out can always go back in.

Personally, I'd pay good money to see a German do that to her.

CountDeMoney

somebody should shit in Sarah Palin's mouth.

I'm going to make an Android app for that.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

I'd develop an app that causes pain in my enemies. In the testicles.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

Martin Bashir apologizes for saying somebody should shit in Sarah Palin's mouth.

Brits.  :rolleyes:
:x Why would anyone do this to their shit?

Caliga

Given all the shit that flows out of her mouth, it seems natural that someone would want to direct some back in.  Return to sender. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Liep

First foray into the digital election happened in Køge today for the municipal elections. It didn't even break down, it just simply didn't work.

Pen and paper, yeah. :yeah:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Savonarola

One of my projects is in Australia.  :outback:  The difference in colloquialisms between our nations are sometimes surprising.  This morning I got an e-mail which began:

A new item on my todo list is to knock up a spreadsheet

:o

So that's where Open Office Spreadsheets come from.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Liep

Are there any words in English that newscasters (or other specific professions) pronounce differently than the rest of the populace? I noticed in newsspeak that it's "efterRETningstjeneste (intelligence)", whereas a normal person quite correctly would pronounce it "EFterretningstjeneste".
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Syt

A newscaster at a small local radio station up North in Germany once gave me a good chuckle when she read the morning news. She pronounced Kim Jong Il as "Kim Jong the Second". Probably was using Arial font on their print out.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

I need help. I need arguments to convince my girlfriend that buying a 46/50 inch is better choice than buying a 42.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 19, 2013, 09:42:04 AM
I need help. I need arguments to convince my girlfriend that buying a 46/50 inch is better choice than buying a 42.

Next time you sleep with her, ask if an extra 4-8 inches wouldn't make a world of difference.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Tell her you want a 73" TV.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

Quote from: Syt on November 19, 2013, 10:02:20 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on November 19, 2013, 09:42:04 AM

Next time you sleep with her, ask if an extra 4-8 inches wouldn't make a world of difference.

:lol: I am going to use that.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.