News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: Liep on November 18, 2013, 10:39:24 AM
A new painting of the Danish royal family to celebrate the 150 years of the Glücksborg dynasty. The little dude in front is the firstborn of the crown prince.

I like it.

Why does the queen have no cigarette in her hand?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Liep

Quote from: Syt on November 18, 2013, 10:43:08 AM
Quote from: Liep on November 18, 2013, 10:39:24 AM
A new painting of the Danish royal family to celebrate the 150 years of the Glücksborg dynasty. The little dude in front is the firstborn of the crown prince.

I like it.

Why does the queen have no cigarette in her hand?

Yes, it's weird to see. But she has read the painting on the wall and does her smoking in private.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Tamas

what`s wrong with the kid`s face? beside 300 years of inbreeding, of course.

Valmy

I imagine it looks creepy so as to terrify any Danish Republicans into submission.  Do you really want that evil child coming after you?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

Quote from: Tamas on November 18, 2013, 10:56:12 AM

Why do you insult his Australian heritage?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

The sinister lighting makes his expression look pretty grim.

I dunno if he's supposed to be the anti-Christ, on second look he seems more like a child Odin.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on November 18, 2013, 10:26:38 AM
Was a fairly interesting article until...

QuoteThen there's this eerie relevance: Stieve's work was the source of an explosive controversy in the 2012 U.S. elections. It's the basis for a claim that Republicans in Congress threw like a piece of dynamite into the abortion debate: The idea that women rarely or never get pregnant from rape.

:bleeding: 

But that's just Slate being Slate.

It would be, if it wasn't for the fact that your boys in the Grand Old Fetus Party have been tossing around that silly non-science bullshit since the early '80s.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 18, 2013, 11:05:19 AM
Quote from: derspiess on November 18, 2013, 10:26:38 AM
Was a fairly interesting article until...

QuoteThen there's this eerie relevance: Stieve's work was the source of an explosive controversy in the 2012 U.S. elections. It's the basis for a claim that Republicans in Congress threw like a piece of dynamite into the abortion debate: The idea that women rarely or never get pregnant from rape.

:bleeding: 

But that's just Slate being Slate.

It would be, if it wasn't for the fact that your boys in the Grand Old Fetus Party have been tossing around that silly non-science bullshit since the early '80s.

Really?  How many?  Lots of GOFers?  A majority??
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on November 18, 2013, 11:06:43 AM
Really?  How many?  Lots of GOFers?  A majority??

Yes.  Lots.  Yes, lots of GOFers.  And as we see from the Tea Party, a majority isn't needed to consistently perpetuate a meme over the years, nor grant you immunity by distancing yourself from them.

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on November 18, 2013, 10:57:36 AM

Why do you insult his Australian heritage?

Well that solves it: he has the face of a criminal.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Admiral Yi

Even if the Danish prince didn't look like a toad that picture would be creepy as hell because of the composition.

Caliga

I was told that Scandinavians have light hair, so the picture confuses me on that note too. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Liep

Quote from: Caliga on November 18, 2013, 12:50:34 PM
I was told that Scandinavians have light hair, so the picture confuses me on that note too. :hmm:

The family is German and the ones who are married in are from Australia, France and Hong Kong (divorced, not pictured).
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Caliga

Sounds like a foreign occupation to me.  You know what to do  :menace:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on November 18, 2013, 01:01:21 PM
Sounds like a foreign occupation to me.  You know what to do  :menace:

Bring out the Nimbus motorcycles with the 20mm cannons?