The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Zanza on November 14, 2013, 01:30:59 PM
From their website:

QuoteMeet the Staff
14 Nov 2013
You may have noticed that we no longer have a "meet the staff" page. Following a rise in visits to our website and mentions of the company through certain media channels in relation to our recruitment policy, we have chosen to remove it from the website indefinitely.
We took this decision in consultation with our staff who are rightly concerned about being posted around the internet by people making inaccurate and inappropriate comments about our staff and our recruitment policies. The "meet the staff" page was designed for our clients to put a face to the name of the people they deal with here and now that page has been taken out of context we feel it is no longer appropriate.
We are an equal opportunities employer and will remain so. We are proud of our team and remain committed to their individual development.
http://www.cellularsol.co.uk/news/press-release

This is one of the reasons why I'd always counsel against doing that sort of thing.  But they do it anyway.

Personally, I'd love to be introduced to Fixed Line Business Manager Vicki.  We could talk hard lines and twisted pairs.  GIT IT

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Zanza on November 14, 2013, 10:24:27 AM
I wonder what the hiring policy of this company might be:

Unusual, apparently.

The economists hadn't reckoned on the fact that 93 percent of the HR staffers deciding whether to call in someone for an interview were female. It turns out that HR women (who also tend to be young and single and hence still in the dating market for men) are eager to meet with handsome men. But they're jealous of beautiful women. So your business is losing out on talented people (and wasting time with untalented ones) based on their looks.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 14, 2013, 02:32:56 PM
Personally, I'd love to be introduced to Fixed Line Business Manager Vicki.  We could talk hard lines and twisted pairs.  GIT IT

I'd let Kelly R. manage my account.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Brain

Anyone below senior management could meet my staff.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Savonarola

ICE's most cunning trap yet.   :ph34r:

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

mongers

Quote from: Brazen on November 14, 2013, 11:19:46 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 14, 2013, 09:46:29 AM
Now see, that just got me hard.

I'm in the wrong industry.  :(
Hey babe, I'm off to Bletchley Park next week and a Force Protection & Manoeuvre conference the week after :perv:

This is a come-on isn't it? 

Money and you need to get your 'act' together.  I'll play gooseberry/matchmaker on you first meet up.  :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 14, 2013, 12:43:15 PM
On the issue of race, I think that's another factor that contributes to the *impression* of hottness in that office.  That organizational chart goes to 11 in its Caucasianity.  You just don't see that much in most work places.  Well, maybe in Utah.

South-East England outside London, it's probably 95.5% white. 

Oh and on the hair, where do you get upper middle class from ? My take is, for sales women in that sector will tend to look that way and be on rather modest incomes. 

edit:
I exaggerated slightly:

Hampshire - 96.7% White
Surrey       - 95.0% White
Berkshire   - 88.7% White
West Sussex - 96.6% White
East Sussex  - 97.7% White
Kent - 89% White British
Isle of Wight - 97.0% White

Josquius

Quote from: Zanza on November 14, 2013, 10:24:27 AM
I wonder what the hiring policy of this company might be:

:lol:
I really have no chance do I.
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

At least not for another 30 years.

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 14, 2013, 08:54:58 PM

He could have a sex change.     :shudders at the resulting image of a female Tyr: 

garbon

Quote from: mongers on November 14, 2013, 09:22:59 PM

He could have a sex change.     :shudders at the resulting image of a female Tyr: 

:angry:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on November 14, 2013, 09:27:27 PM

I wasn't being anti-TG, just that I don't think Tyr wouldn't make a particularly successful/attractive women.   

Isn't he like 6'2" and big boned ?

garbon

Quote from: mongers on November 14, 2013, 09:36:02 PM

I wasn't being anti-TG, just that I don't think Tyr wouldn't make a particularly successful/attractive women.   

So you aren't being against it but just using one of the common statements of someone against?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on November 14, 2013, 09:38:53 PM
Quote from: mongers on November 14, 2013, 09:36:02 PM

So you aren't being against it but just using one of the common statements of someone against?

Tell you what, I'll let you run with that construct, whilst I go off and watch some ballroom dancing.  :)

Ideologue

I think it's a legitimate criticism.  I think there's a certain window where you can fully express your gender and sexuality, and at some point it closes.  That includes expressing being straight, fwiw.

But being straight or gay and cisgendered does have a longer window than male-to-female transsexuality (or, I imagine, the reverse), and I think arguments to the contrary are based more on principle than practice, willfully ignoring the reality and the state of the technology.  It's a free country, sure--and you're perfectly free to starve.

That's why it's so vital that future generations of the gender dysmorphic get diagnosed early and get puberty blockers.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)