News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

:(

In other news, BAE is closing down the Portsmouth yards.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 06, 2013, 10:15:08 AM
Quote from: DGuller on November 06, 2013, 10:12:53 AM
Don't be a cunt.

Don't take offense at the truth.  The other national Republican you had a thing for was Guliani.
This isn't the truth, this is uninformed nonsense.  And how exactly did my statement about 2009 NJ election undermine Christie in any way?  Few people could've imagined how Christie would turn out back then, the impetus for the swing voters was to not vote for Corzine.  It had little to do with either perceived Christie qualities back then, Obama, or state of national politics at the time.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: DGuller on November 06, 2013, 10:24:50 AM
This isn't the truth, this is uninformed nonsense.  And how exactly did my statement about 2009 NJ election undermine Christie in any way?  Few people could've imagined how Christie would turn out back then, the impetus for the swing voters was to not vote for Corzine.  It had little to do with either perceived Christie qualities back then, Obama, or state of national politics at the time.

I'm not talking about your reactions to Christie in 09.  I'm talking about your current reactions to Christie and your previous reactions to Giuliani.

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 06, 2013, 10:28:22 AM
Quote from: DGuller on November 06, 2013, 10:24:50 AM

I'm not talking about your reactions to Christie in 09.  I'm talking about your current reactions to Christie and your previous reactions to Giuliani.
So why did you make that flippant comment in response to my take on 2009 NJ election?

Ed Anger

Dorsey is about to Hulk out.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

Quote from: DGuller on November 06, 2013, 10:45:09 AM
So why did you make that flippant comment in response to my take on 2009 NJ election?

Looking back I think I misread that post.  But I think the comment is still valid.

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 06, 2013, 10:47:35 AM
Quote from: DGuller on November 06, 2013, 10:45:09 AM

Looking back I think I misread that post.  But I think the comment is still valid.
Have you ever considered the possibility that maybe my opinion about Giuliani had to do with living under his leadership?  You know, just by the nature of being in the locality of it, I may have been exposed to small everyday local news that don't make it to national news like standing on a pile of rubble with a bullhorn does, or brief crime statistics excerpts. 

I think most reasonable people who lived in NYC at the time would say that the nicest way you can describe Giuliani is that he was like Churchill:  wartime genius but peacetime disaster.  The fact that he got involved with the types like Bernie Kerik was no accident:  it was a direct result of his management and leadership style, and how he chose his inner circle.

Yes, it was a little frustrating that people outside of New York, whether for or against Giuliani, seemed to buy into the hype that had tenuous connection to reality.  It's also frustrating that Giuliani's downfall had little to do with the qualities that would've made him a disastrous president.  Those frustrations may have seeped into how I talked about Giuliani.  However, if you think that my opinion of Giuliani was formed by perceiving him as a moderate threat (as if indoctrinating Languish would move the national needle), you're just utterly clueless, and as much of a close-minded partisan as you're portraying myself to be.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: DGuller on November 06, 2013, 11:01:27 AM
Have you ever considered the possibility that maybe my opinion about Giuliani had to do with living under his leadership?

Yes.

Have you ever considered the possibility that your focus on moderate Republicans might be a function of the tribal Democrats fear of their appeal to swing voters?

CountDeMoney

QuoteChina's Dynasties, in Song
By AUSTIN RAMZY

The order of China's dynasties can be a complicated puzzle for students of Chinese history.

Not really.  They are in chronological order.

Valmy

Isn't it bad history to put all of China's dynasties in Song?  They only ruled southern China during the Middle Ages.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 06, 2013, 11:04:35 AM
Have you ever considered the possibility that maybe my opinion about Giuliani had to do with living under his leadership?

Yes.

Have you ever considered the possibility that your focus on moderate Republicans might be a function of the tribal Democrats fear of their appeal to swing voters?

You hear that, DG?  Finding the appeal and attraction in moderate Republicans has nothing to do with you, but is actually a tribal Democratic plot to split the the GOP. 

Don't fall for their Jedi Mind Tricks, these are not the politicians you're looking for.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 06, 2013, 11:14:50 AM
You hear that, DG?  Finding the appeal and attraction in moderate Republicans has nothing to do with you, but is actually a tribal Democratic plot to split the the GOP. 

Don't fall for their Jedi Mind Tricks, these are not the politicians you're looking for.

You're extra retarded today.  FEARING the appeal and attraction of moderate Republicans.

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 06, 2013, 11:04:35 AM

Yes.

Of course not, that's stupid.  Have you ever considered the possibility that I may be interested in all two of those moderate Republicans because I lived under the administration of both of them?  Why think of a nefarious motivation when an obvious one fits?

Ideologue

I assume Yi does appreciate my intellectual honesty. :)
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

Quote from: DGuller on November 06, 2013, 11:46:23 AM
Of course not, that's stupid.  Have you ever considered the possibility that I may be interested in all two of those moderate Republicans because I lived under the administration of both of them?  Why think of a nefarious motivation when an obvious one fits?

I thought I already answered your question.  It's a reasonable explanation.  I think mine is too.

Why reject a nefarious motivation out of hand that fits the data?