News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Maybe he voted for Christie.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

Oh yeah that's right, he's in Joisey.  Speaking of Christie, it looks like he's already trying to move rightward.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ideologue

Quote from: DGuller on November 05, 2013, 06:59:32 PM
I voted.  :) God, I need to take a shower.  :x

Minwage, yes or no?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on November 05, 2013, 07:11:29 PM
Oh yeah that's right, he's in Joisey.  Speaking of Christie, it looks like he's already trying to move rightward.

How so?

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on November 05, 2013, 07:03:30 PM

So I take it you voted for de Blasio?

I didn't. :)

I did only vote for Dem judges though.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 05, 2013, 07:13:25 PM
Quote from: derspiess on November 05, 2013, 07:11:29 PM

How so?

http://thelead.blogs.cnn.com/2013/11/05/chris-christie-conservative-moderate-new-jersey_race/

QuoteIn the interview, Christie touted his conservative credentials and dished out some bipartisan criticism, saying the Republican Party needs to focus on winning elections, and slamming President Barack Obama for the mixed messages on the new health care law.

I figured he'd try to re-brand himself as a bona fide conservative once he got this re-election under his belt, but it sounds like he's already making noises to that effect. 

I suppose I could be convinced to support him again.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on November 05, 2013, 07:21:40 PM

You tribalists are weird.

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 05, 2013, 07:25:20 PM
Quote from: derspiess on November 05, 2013, 07:21:40 PM

You tribalists are weird.

Perhaps he'd hook another Blue Hen brutha up with a nice cushy political appointee position :P

DGuller

Quote from: Ideologue on November 05, 2013, 07:12:46 PM

Minwage, yes or no?
Yes.  Whatever the inefficiencies of the minimum wage are, increasing wealth inequality is not one of them, and IMO that's the biggest economic and social danger facing us today.

DGuller

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 05, 2013, 07:07:01 PM
Maybe he voted for Christie.
Yeah.  I really dislike him personally, but it's hard to argue that's he's a highly effective politician.  Hopefully neither US Senator gets indicted for corruption before 2016.

Ideologue

Quote from: DGuller on November 05, 2013, 07:30:33 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on November 05, 2013, 07:12:46 PM

Minwage, yes or no?
Yes.  Whatever the inefficiencies of the minimum wage are, increasing wealth inequality is not one of them, and IMO that's the biggest economic and social danger facing us today.

Good.  Men like you built this country into what it... well, was before about 1970.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Habbaku

I voted today, too.  To allow Sunday alcohol sales in my city.  :cheers:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Habbaku on November 05, 2013, 08:21:17 PM

I wish we could vote on Sunday Chick-fil-A sales.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Habbaku on November 05, 2013, 08:21:17 PM

We still can't buy alcohol on Sunday mornings. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.