News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Apparently there's some inside flack from the Tea Partiers as to why establishment GOPers didn't do more to help Cuccinelli, in particular why Christie didn't come down to stump for him during the campaign.
Yeah, right.  Like Christie would hang his dick out for that sociopath.

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on November 05, 2013, 09:58:54 PM
Quote from: Phillip V on November 05, 2013, 09:36:44 PM
88% precincts reporting:

Cuccinelli   Rep.    878,515    46.7%
McAuliffe   Dem.   875,160    46.5%
CNN called it for the good guy.  Whew, that was too close for comfort.

Yeah. Governorship of Virginia was pretty concerning.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

McAulliffe is a dirtbag.  Virginians will regret this.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on November 05, 2013, 10:18:42 PM
McAulliffe is a dirtbag.  Virginians will regret this.

Looks like you're going to have to wait a while longer to ban contraceptives in Virginia, derfetus.

Caliga

It's all in caps, so it must be true right?  :)

QuoteNAME: DEBORAH JENNIFER HERMAN

COUNTRY OF BIRTH:AUSTRALIA

ATTN:BELOVED,

GREETINGS IN THE NAME OF HUMANITY,I AM MRS DEBORAH JENNIFER HERMAN A CITIZEN OF AUSTRALIA BUT PRESENTLY IN THE MALAYSIA.I USED TO BE WORKING FOR THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, I AM 50 YEARS OLD, I AM NOW A NEW CHRISTIAN BUT FROM ALL INDICATION,MY CONDITIONS HEALTH WISE IS REALLY DETERIORATING DUE TO A PAINFUL LONG TIME OF SUFFERING FROM CANCER OF THE LUNGS AND NOW,FROM OBVIOUS RESULTS FROM MY DOCTORS INDICATES THAT I WON"T LIVE MORE THAN 1 YEAR, ACCORDING TO MY DOCTORS, THIS IS BECAUSE THE CANCER STAGE HAS GOTTEN TO A VERY BAD STAGE OF COMATOSE.

MY LATE HUSBAND DIED LAST FIVE YEARS, AND DURING THE PERIOD OF OUR MARRIAGE WE COULDN'T PRODUCE ANY CHILD. MY LATE HUSBAND WAS VERY WEALTHY AND AFTER HIS DEATH, I INHERITED ALL HIS BUSINESS AND WEALTH.

THE DOCTORS HAS ADVISED ME THAT I MAY NOT LIVE FOR MORE THAN 1 YEAR, SO I NOW DECIDED TO DIVIDE THE PART OF THIS WEALTH, TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE CHURCH IN AFRICA, AMERICA ASIA, AND EUROPE.

I SELECTED YOU AFTER VISITING THE WEBSITE AND I PRAYED OVER IT.I AM WILLING TO DONATE THE SUM OF $25,000,000USD (TWENTY FIVE MILLION UNITED STATES DOLLARS) TO THE LESS PRIVILEGED.

PLEASE I WANT YOU TO NOTE THAT THIS FUND IS LYING IN A SECURITY COMPANY IN THE MALAYSIA.ONCE I HEAR FROM YOU, I WILL FORWARD TO YOU ALL THE INFORMATION YOU WILL USE TO GET FUND RELEASED FROM THE SECURITY COMPANY AND TO BE TRANSFERRED TO YOUR ACCOUNT.

I HONESTLY PRAY THAT THIS MONEY WHEN TRANSFERRED TO YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE USE FOR THE SAID PURPOSE, BECAUSE I HAVE COME TO FIND OUT THAT WEALTH ACQUISITION WITHOUT HUMILITY,ALL IS VANITY.

PLEASE PROVIDE ME WITH THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION SO I CAN FORWARD IT TO A CHURCH ATTORNEY WHOM MY DOCTORS RECOMMENDED SO THAT HE CAN GUIDE YOU ON CLAIM OF THE INHERITANCE FUNDS.

HE IS DILIGENT AND A CHRISTIAN SO I AM CONFIDENT HE IS GOING TO HANDLE THE TRANSACTION WITH YOU AND LEAD, ADVICE YOU ON HOW TO SECURE THE FUNDS IN YOUR FAVOR.

INFORMATION NEEDED

FULL NAME...................................

FULL ADDRESS......................................

COMPANY AND ADDRESS:...........................

MARITAL STATUS:.....................

RELIGION:.................

SEX:............................

FAX NO..............................................

PHONE NO:..................

MAY THE GRACE OF OUR LORD JESUS THE LOVE OF GOD AND THE FELLOWSHIP OF GOD BE WITH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.

I AWAIT YOUR URGENT REPLY.([email protected]}

YOUнRE SISTER IN CHRIST.

MRS DEBORAH JENNIFER HERMAN
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

She's your sister in Christ, man.  You just can't say no to that.

Caliga

I'm more impressed by the fact that she can send emails while comatose. :showoff:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Just like Cuccinelli, I didn't say "all contraceptives" either, derfetus.

I know you're all upset and all, what with McAuliffe reeking of Clintonianism, but if the VA GOP decided to run an open primary system instead of nominating their gubernatorial nominee in a closed convention, there'd be a Republican in the State House again.

derspiess

Nice little retreat there. Or tactical withdrawal, or whatever.  Anyway, as bad as it will be for Virginia, a McAulliffe governorship will ultimately help the GOP.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on November 05, 2013, 10:47:26 PM
Nice little retreat there. Or tactical withdrawal, or whatever.  Anyway, as bad as it will be for Virginia, a McAulliffe governorship will ultimately help the GOP.

McAuliffe will be just fine, and the Virginia State Assembly will make sure he doesn't do the damage you think he will.

And save the MLK, Jr ammo when he's a United States Senator contemplating a run for United States President.   You'll get more mileage out of it then.

DGuller

I'm surprised I don't see any exclamations yet that Christie's blowout victory is a repudiation of Obama.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DGuller on November 05, 2013, 11:06:20 PM
I'm surprised I don't see any exclamations yet that Christie's blowout victory is a repudiation of Obama.

Funny, I see it more as a vindication of actually working with Obama.  But hey, he's a RINO and a traitor.

Josquius

Applying for jobs ftl. All these company sites where you have to sign up and fill in your data again and again. Just why....
I'm not going to get a job anyway so why I bother I don't know. I guess this is what its like to be religious
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Quote from: derspiess on November 05, 2013, 07:21:40 PMI figured he'd try to re-brand himself as a bona fide conservative once he got this re-election under his belt, but it sounds like he's already making noises to that effect. 
What are his conservative heresies so far?

As I say the guys got genuine conservative achievements - policies and programs implemented in government - but for some reason that matters less than rhetorical flourish.

QuoteMcAulliffe is a dirtbag.  Virginians will regret this.
Yeah. Shame Republicans didn't nominate a better candidate, like Bolling.

Entirely unrelated, I love these professors:
QuoteChina's Dynasties, in Song
By AUSTIN RAMZY

The order of China's dynasties can be a complicated puzzle for students of Chinese history. The Harvard professors William Kirby and Peter Bol offer this trick: a song that names the major dynasties, the Republic of China and the People's Republic of China (or as the lyrics have it, "Mao Zedong") to the tune of "Frère Jacques."

The singing professors are teaching a free course on China through HarvardX, the university's branch of the nonprofit online learning program edX. "If you sing this song once a day, you will always remember the sequence of Chinese dynasties," Professor Bol says on the video. "You will also drive your friends and family crazy," replies Professor Kirby.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJis9TSw1rE :wub:
Let's bomb Russia!