News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Thank you for wasting the board's time and bandwidth with that one, Sytimmay.

Syt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 04, 2013, 01:55:00 PM

It has been my pleasure.

Here, have a picture of Skeletor on Panthor as an encore.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

mongers

Shall I search for the "Hell is other people" or just post the sentiment here?  <_<
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on November 04, 2013, 02:06:28 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 04, 2013, 01:55:00 PM

It has been my pleasure.

Here, have a picture of Skeletor on Panthor as an encore.

Now see, that's quality Languish posting right there.  More of that please.

Savonarola

It's people like this who give responsible Bigfoot hunters a bad name.   :mad:

Quote'Bigfoot hunt' ends in shooting, arrests

Published November 04, 2013/
FoxNews.com

An apparent hunt for Bigfoot in the woods of Oklahoma went wrong after a man reportedly heard a "barking noise," turned around and shot his friend in the back, police say.

One of the men told authorities they were hunting for the mythical beast in the woods of Rogers County Saturday night.

The wounded man allegedly shot by 21-year-old Omar Pineda was not named, but he is expected to survive, News on 6 reports. Pineda was arrested and charged with reckless conduct with a firearm and obstruction.

Rogers County Sheriff Scott Walton said Pineda's father-in-law, Perry Don James, 53, threw Pineda's gun into a pond on the property. James was arrested and booked on complaints of a felon in possession of a firearm and destruction of evidence.

Omar's wife, 22-year-old Lacey Jane Pineda, was also arrested and charged with obstruction for telling police that someone else shot at her husband and his friend, the Rogers County Sheriff's Office told News on 6.

"To our knowledge, no Bigfoot sightings in Rogers County," Walton said. "I think our focus is career criminals and thugs, and we're going to stay focused on that and let somebody else go after Bigfoot."

Oh, Omar, you shouldn't have taken gun safety lessons from Dick Chaney.   :(
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

The Brain

Omar's coming! Omar's coming yo! :o
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

derspiess

Squatchin' doesn't have to involve violence :(
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

crazy canuck

Quote from: Savonarola on November 04, 2013, 03:58:32 PM

How did Bigfoot move from the Pacific Northwest to Oklahoma?

Ed Anger

Hidden in a diet Pepsi truck.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 04, 2013, 04:09:21 PM

Sexily.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

derspiess

There are documented Squatch sightings in all 57 states  -_-
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

lustindarkness

Quote from: derspiess on November 04, 2013, 04:24:55 PM

There are documented Squatch sightings in all 57 states  -_-

Correcto.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Savonarola

Quote from: Jacob on November 04, 2013, 11:15:21 AM
Quote from: Savonarola on November 04, 2013, 08:24:40 AM
I opened my web server this morning and saw the message "There's a cultural revolution at GE!"  I knew some of the executive leadership were walking the capitalist road.   :mad:

(Our latest buzzword is "Culture of simplicity," where they're trying to reduce the needless paperwork and bureaucracy; hence "Cultural revolution.  I'm sure everyone who has worked for a large corporation, or a government agency knows how this is going to turn out.)

Cultural Revolution? Is there any hope for real purges or some juicy self-criticism sessions?

When I was at AT&T I designed a distributed antenna solution for the University of Notre Dame's campus.  It was done in a two phase process which my boss termed "The Preliminary Solution" and "The Final Solution."  So I was the architect of the Final Solution; but I was only following orders.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Ed Anger

I just shit out a miniaturized bowling pin.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive