The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

Quote from: mongers on October 30, 2013, 09:20:14 PM
Eeck, I'm hungry.

Okay, DGul. We don't really want to know how the dick tastes though.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

Quote from: merithyn on October 30, 2013, 08:35:52 PM
A Christian church in Dixon, IL, as seen on Google Maps. :)

Meh, who's going to see that church from that angle?

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Caliga on October 30, 2013, 04:16:12 PM
Unemployment numbers for Technology Professionals:

Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, released 10/22/13
   Computer Network Architects: 1.7%
   Software Developers, Applications and Systems Software: 2.4%
   Database Administrators (DBA): 3.6%
   Network and Computer Systems Administrators: 1.8%
   Computer and Information Systems Managers: 4.0%
   Computer Systems Analysts: 2.3%
   Information Security Analysts: 2.1%
   Computer Hardware Engineers: 1.0%
   Computer Programmers: 2.9%

:cool:

Yet tech job postings still have unrealistic laundry lists of requirements. <_<

Syt

Quote from: Barrister on October 30, 2013, 04:20:39 PM
Had a "lunch and learn" session with the local medical examiner today.

I'm normally pretty immune to death and gore on the job, but when he was talking about infants, and showing pictures of little babies with the skin peeled back on their heads to display the bruising and cracked skulls, was pretty hard for this new dad to take.  :(

A lunch and learn session with dead baby photos? Whose brilliant idea was that?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

Maybe they needed to learn if BB had the stomach for a big case.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on October 30, 2013, 04:16:12 PM
Unemployment numbers for Technology Professionals:

Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, released 10/22/13
   Computer Network Architects: 1.7%
   Software Developers, Applications and Systems Software: 2.4%
   Database Administrators (DBA): 3.6%
   Network and Computer Systems Administrators: 1.8%
   Computer and Information Systems Managers: 4.0%
   Computer Systems Analysts: 2.3%
   Information Security Analysts: 2.1%
   Computer Hardware Engineers: 1.0%
   Computer Programmers: 2.9%

:cool:

Kind of depressing it was not that long ago when the current numbers for CIS Managers was the rate for the entire country.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DGuller on October 30, 2013, 09:39:00 PM
Meh, who's going to see that church from that angle?

God.  And boy, is that congregation going to be in for a shock when they die.

The Brain

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 30, 2013, 05:33:03 PM
Quote from: The Brain on October 30, 2013, 03:42:46 PM
You know what grinds my gears? The incredibly crappy lyrics of house "music" and similar. Completely void of meaning and written for an audience who has English as their second or third language.
What is "house music"? :huh:

An abomination. You may or may not have heard of Swedish House Mafia or Avicii.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Liep

English use of prepositions is creeping its way into the Danish language, and it's horrible. More and more have started using against instead of with and of instead of on, etc. :weep:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

Quote from: garbon on October 31, 2013, 07:02:53 AM
Not sure I follow that.

We use different prepositions in certain sentence structures. In English it's 'definition of', but in Danish it's 'definitionen på' (definition on), but people have started using the English version and write 'definitionen af' (definition of).

Is what I meant.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

garbon

So I just read an article about why it is better to have a big butt. Accompanying article was an image of a woman with her butt thrusted to make it look larger. One of the comments on the article was that the photo was offensive.  Does feminism = no one can ever look sexy?