News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: merithyn on October 31, 2013, 11:24:08 AM
It seems that larger asses are an indication of health and intelligence.

I've known some geniuses then.

Source?

DGuller

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 31, 2013, 12:40:41 AM
Quote from: DGuller on October 30, 2013, 09:39:00 PM
Meh, who's going to see that church from that angle?

God.
Oh, right.  :hmm:  Still, God probably sees billions of penises a day in the course of watching over us.  The novelty has probably worn off for him by now.

merithyn

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 31, 2013, 11:26:02 AM
Quote from: merithyn on October 31, 2013, 11:24:08 AM
It seems that larger asses are an indication of health and intelligence.

I've known some geniuses then.

Source?

Source

There's also a book out called "Why Women Need Fat" that pretty much says the same stuff.

QuoteIt looks like having a big butt and wide hips has more advantages than we thought!

A new study by the University of Oxford uncovers evidence that curvaceous women are more intelligent and most resistant to chronic illnesses. According to results, ladies with bigger backsides have lower levels of cholesterol, less heart problems and are less likely to get diabetes.

Scientists at Oxford argue that fat from the lower body produces "hormones that help to better metabolize sugars and other lipids, unlike abdominal fat secretes hormones with the opposite effect."

Professor Konstantinos Manolopoulos, who leads the team at the University of Oxford, says that women with more fat on the buttocks have lower levels of cholesterol and glucose. Having a big butt also favors leptin levels in the female body, leptin is a hormone that is responsible for regulating the weight, and the dinopectina, hormone with anti-inflammatory, vascular-protective and anti-diabetic.

The adipose tissue of the buttocks big traps harmful fatty particles and prevent cardiovascular disease. Other interesting results of these investigations were apparently the children born to women with wider hips are intellectually superior to the children of mothers with "few hips".

Similar studies conducted by the universities of California and Pittsburgh found that women with larger butts, wider hips and  smaller waists may be smarter, too.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

derspiess

:bleeding:  Smells like "fat acceptance" propaganda.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

merithyn

Quote from: derspiess on October 31, 2013, 11:42:17 AM
:bleeding:  Smells like "fat acceptance" propaganda.

Again, reading things that aren't there.

None of this is really news. It's been known for at least a decade or more than women who carry their weight in their hips, thighs, and butts are healthier than women who carry their weight in their waist. This is just explaining the why of it.

What I find interesting is that your reaction ignores the fact that, in general, women do need to carry more "excess" fat than men do in order to be healthy. Women with less than 20% body fat are considered unhealthy unless they are elite athletes. Even then, they're not likely to be able to carry a child to term unless they gain weight during the pregnancy. Our body fat is what feeds the baby.

Does that excuse women who are 100+ overweight? No, of course not. In general, that's pretty unhealthy. But a woman with 30% body fat isn't going to be as unhealthy as a man with the same. Our bodies process things differently.

derspiess

Women's bodies process a lot of ice cream when they get depressed.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Quote from: merithyn on October 31, 2013, 11:48:26 AM
It's been known for at least a decade or more than women who carry their weight in their hips, thighs, and butts are healthier than women who carry their weight in their waist.

This makes a great deal of sense, but it's not exactly what your link said.  It said that bigger butts are healthier, suggesting that everything else being equal, the bigger the butt the better. 

garbon

I wish der would get a new shtick.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

merithyn

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 31, 2013, 12:06:37 PM
Quote from: merithyn on October 31, 2013, 11:48:26 AM
It's been known for at least a decade or more than women who carry their weight in their hips, thighs, and butts are healthier than women who carry their weight in their waist.

This makes a great deal of sense, but it's not exactly what your link said.  It said that bigger butts are healthier, suggesting that everything else being equal, the bigger the butt the better.

That seems unlikely. I would guess poor article writing rather than poor science.

I mean, a massive amount of body fat isn't healthy no matter where it's held.

derspiess

HVC

Quote from: derspiess on October 31, 2013, 12:33:26 PM
Quote from: garbon on October 31, 2013, 12:06:39 PM

Any suggestions?
i think you could pull off the super pro gay schtick, just to through people off. Out Marti Marti. I mean we do need a replacement.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

Quote from: HVC on October 31, 2013, 12:36:05 PM

Any suggestions?
i think you could pull off the super pro gay schtick, just to through people off. Out Marti Marti. I mean we do need a replacement.

Well, not to brag but I have been told by many that I can do a really good gay voice.

Habbaku

Quote from: HVC on October 31, 2013, 12:36:05 PM

Any suggestions?

No we don't.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

The Brain

I don't do schticks.

Bestiality is best iality.

Women want me. Men want to be with me.