Previous topic - Next topic

lustindarkness

The Elf can be lots of fun.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

derspiess

Quote from: lustindarkness on October 15, 2013, 10:26:29 AM

Especially laughing behind your kids' backs that they believe all that shit :D
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grey Fox

Quote from: derspiess on October 15, 2013, 10:23:43 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on October 15, 2013, 10:12:53 AM
I have to wait until December 1st to put up the Tree.

:(

We usually put ours up sometime between the day after Thanksgiving and December 1st.  For some reason, my mom always got the Christmas stuff out on December 7th.  Not because of Pearl Harbor Day, just because.

I broke down and did the Elf on the Shelf thing last year and Tommy loved it.  He's been asking about it all year.

Maybe I can sell after American Thanksgiving to my girlfriend. Gain a couple of days.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Tradition dictates the tree goes up the weekend after American Thanksgiving.

Tradition!  Tradition!  Trad-i-shun!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

merithyn

Tradition in my family is that the tree and decorations go up after my birthday, which is on the 13th. Mom wanted me to feel like I had a birthday sans Christmas - all the while giving me birthday/Christmas presents.  :rolleyes:

I try to put up decorations after Thanksgiving, but save the tree for after my birthday, since we go chop our tree down at the local tree farm.

Were it up to me, I'd have a tree up all year, along with various decorations. Unfortunately, my family doesn't agree with me. :(
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Grey Fox

I want to put a Christmas 365 in my basement bathroom.

So far, I've been denied.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

mongers

Quote from: merithyn on October 15, 2013, 11:23:39 AM
Tradition in my family is that the tree and decorations go up after my birthday, which is on the 13th. Mom wanted me to feel like I had a birthday sans Christmas - all the while giving me birthday/Christmas presents.  :rolleyes:

I try to put up decorations after Thanksgiving, but save the tree for after my birthday, since we go chop our tree down at the local tree farm.

Were it up to me, I'd have a tree up all year, along with various decorations. Unfortunately, my family doesn't agree with me. :(

+1  :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

crazy canuck

Christmas should not be spoken of before November at the very least.

Ed Anger

The lights are on the tree. Having a 4 year old helped.  :)

<insert Russ joke here>

Ornaments being saved for super duper family time. I'll hopefully be buzzed on Calvados by then.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tonitrus

Careful, when you mention that to Anger, that could mean some Santa-Elf roleplay with the wife.

Admiral Yi

Chicks look great in elf outfits.

11B4V

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 15, 2013, 03:33:10 PM
Christmas should not be spoken of before November at the very least.

at least
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Admiral Yi

Yup.  Gotta get through Halloween first.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tonitrus on October 15, 2013, 04:21:49 PM

Careful, when you mention that to Anger, that could mean some Santa-Elf roleplay with the wife.

:perv:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

I thought of joining 2K games forum, just to troll this poster:

http://www.2kgames.com/blog/two-new-map-packs-coming-to-sid-meier-s-civilization-v

Two New Map Packs Coming to Sid Meier's Civilization V
Tue Oct 15, 2013

Good morning Civ fans!

Today 2K and Firaxis Games announced that two new map packs* are coming to Sid Meier's Civilization® V!

The Scrambled Continents map pack is available right now from participating digital retailers for $4.99.

#Civ #OneMoreTurn
Categories: Firaxis Civilization V
Comments: 1

Industrial7
5:02 PM on Oct 15, 2013

Great! I was kind of hoping for more map scripts, and where is the Belgium civilization?

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"