News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

My brother spent 4 years in the Army, and 4 in the Navy after that. Now he's thinking of going back in the Army. Do all of these years count cumulatively toward pension requirements regardless of the service branch?
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Phillip V

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on October 07, 2013, 06:35:42 PM
My brother spent 4 years in the Army, and 4 in the Navy after that. Now he's thinking of going back in the Army. Do all of these years count cumulatively toward pension requirements regardless of the service branch?
Yes, but make sure he is making the right career move.

jimmy olsen

How about a job where he can use his experience from the Army and Navy?

Join the Marines!
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 07, 2013, 07:42:47 PM
I :wub: the eBay iPad app.

I just know it's not you jacking up that price on GDW's Operation Crusader, you sniping fuck.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 07, 2013, 08:46:44 PM

I just know it's not you jacking up that price on GDW's Operation Crusader, you sniping fuck.

:huh: Where, link!  :mad:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 07, 2013, 08:46:44 PM

:lol:

lustindarkness

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 07, 2013, 08:29:30 PM
How about a job where he can use his experience from the Army and Navy?

Join the Marines!

I have a cousin that did just that, 4 years Army, 4 Navy, and almost 4 Marines (got hurt and given a medical discharge).
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Ideologue

So now he can join the Air Force, right? :)
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

jimmy olsen

http://blogdramedy.wordpress.com/2013/10/02/its-enough-to-make-you-cancel-your-reservation/

Quote19. "My fiance and I requested twin-beds when we booked, but instead we were placed in a room with a king bed. We now hold you responsible and want to be re-reimbursed for the fact that I became pregnant. This would not have happened if you had put us in the room that we booked."
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Larch

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 07, 2013, 11:14:18 PM

http://blogdramedy.wordpress.com/2013/10/02/its-enough-to-make-you-cancel-your-reservation/

Quote19. "My fiance and I requested twin-beds when we booked, but instead we were placed in a room with a king bed. We now hold you responsible and want to be re-reimbursed for the fact that I became pregnant. This would not have happened if you had put us in the room that we booked."

Oh the humanity...

Quote3. "On my holiday to Goa in India , I was disgusted to find that almost every restaurant served curry. I don't like spicy food."

5. "The beach was too sandy. We had to clean everything when we returned to our room."

8. "No-one told us there would be fish in the water. The children were scared."

10. "We went on holiday to Spain and had a problem with the taxi drivers as they were all Spanish."

12. "It took us nine hours to fly home from Jamaica to England. It took the Americans only three hours to get home. This seems unfair."

13. "I compared the size of our one-bedroom suite to our friends' three-bedroom and ours was significantly smaller."

15. "There were too many Spanish people there. The receptionist spoke Spanish, the food was Spanish. No one told us that there would be so many foreigners."

jimmy olsen

Hadn't seen this Rockwell before  :D

1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

I have some hellacious gas right now.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?