News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Lettow77

In the bread aisle, an unassuming pastry called "Uzumaki Pizza", apparently covered in pepperoni and  cheese. Japanese pizza leans toward the thin and insubstantial italian style more so than the amerifat luxury I am accustomed to, so I was happy to pick up cheap pizza-style bread.

The joke was on me though; There was no cheese. All the cheese on top of the so-called Pizza was mayonnaise.

Foreigner status: rekt
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Ed Anger

From the DailyMail:

QuoteHard-up RAF flies second-hand jets in US air force colours to save £3million cost of repainting them in British colours
Ministry of Defence said retain U.S. colours has 'significant cost benefits'
RAF roundels to be painted on fuselage and wings of RC-135 Rivet Joint aircraft
Planes to retain U.S. design of white top, grey underside and black nose

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2428912/Hard-RAF-flies-second-hand-jets-US-air-force-colours-save-3million-cost-repainting-British-colours.html#ixzz2fcmefRBQ

If true:  :lol:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

We have the same colors anyway.  :bowler:

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Sad.

When it's time to retake the Falklands, I'm sure Virgin offers enough charters to Buenos Aires.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Neil

Quote from: merithyn on September 19, 2013, 05:44:59 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on September 19, 2013, 05:28:07 PM
Better than being nagged over a coupon.

Oh, I'd have left her ass, too. It's the not supporting his kids thing that bothers me, not his having left Kate.
Isn't Kate still famewhoring?  Does she need his money?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 22, 2013, 07:50:10 AM
Sad.

When it's time to retake the Falklands, I'm sure Virgin offers enough charters to Buenos Aires.

Isn't it unlawful to fly foreign colors on your warplanes (warships, armies, etc.)?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Ideologue on September 22, 2013, 01:45:04 PM
Sad.

Isn't it unlawful to fly foreign colors on your warplanes (warships, armies, etc.)?

General paint schemes are not foreign colors.  The article is talking about not repainting the entire aircraft, so it will look like a USAF aircraft with RAF colors and thus not match any of the RAF's other aircraft.

MadBurgerMaker

Damn I got weed killer all over my arm.  I rinsed it off and all that, but now my arm is all red and burned feeling.  :(

Admiral Yi

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 22, 2013, 02:33:24 PM
Damn I got weed killer all over my arm.  I rinsed it off and all that, but now my arm is all red and burned feeling.  :(

Now you have a little taste of the suffering inflicted on Vietnamese women and children by your country.

MadBurgerMaker

sbr

Phil Knight has pledged $500 million for cancer research to a local hospital if they can match that number in the next 2 years.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2013/09/phil_and_penny_knight_to_ohsu_1.html

Sorry can't copy/paste the article from the iPad for some reason.

Ideologue

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on September 22, 2013, 02:14:40 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on September 22, 2013, 01:45:04 PM
Sad.

General paint schemes are not foreign colors.  The article is talking about not repainting the entire aircraft, so it will look like a USAF aircraft with RAF colors and thus not match any of the RAF's other aircraft.

You're positively reinforcing my desire not to actually read articles posted here.
Kinemalogue

Admiral Yi

Samantha Geimer was the chick Roman Polanski bung holed at age 13.  She has written an autobiography.

Her thought on meeting Polanski: "Ew, there's this guy who's like my size and sort of looks like a ferret."