Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ideologue on August 24, 2013, 02:24:21 AM
Quote from: Lettow77 on August 23, 2013, 11:06:35 PM
Maybe you should move here, ide?

Hell, I should've.  I wish I were young.

I kid you, but I do wish you luck in your continuing journeys.
Should have came to Korea when you had the chance.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Brain

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 24, 2013, 03:39:17 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on August 24, 2013, 02:24:21 AM
Maybe you should move here, ide?

Hell, I should've.  I wish I were young.

I kid you, but I do wish you luck in your continuing journeys.
Should have came to Korea when you had the chance.

It's "on", and I believe he did.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

I was just offered a position to work in Kagawa, Shikoku. The work would be with teenagers, rent would likely be a bit less, and I think I prefer the location- But it also sounds like more work for less pay relative to the position I already have.

You prefer to live in the countryside with no people under 35 (and over 18), no pubs, little western food, etc... over Kobe, one of the coolest cities in Japan in its own right and just a quick local train from Kyoto and Osaka?
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on August 24, 2013, 03:14:14 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 24, 2013, 02:54:51 AM
Playing with the wife's Keruig coffee machines. I don't see the fascination with coffee.... OH MY GOD PUMPKIN COFFEE.

They are the shit.

Mine angers me, as they don't brew enough.  :mad:
Doctor said it was a great way to control my coffee intake, but now I just use a monster mug and pop those fuckers in and out like shells at a skeet shoot.

Ed Anger

Quote from: 11B4V on August 24, 2013, 03:14:14 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 24, 2013, 02:54:51 AM
Playing with the wife's Keruig coffee machines. I don't see the fascination with coffee.... OH MY GOD PUMPKIN COFFEE.

They are the shit.

They are, but she didn't like me touching her cups. Her coffee even.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

I have a huge collection of coffee mugs, but I can't throw any away.

Lettow77

Quote from: Tyr on August 24, 2013, 06:58:39 AM
You prefer to live in the countryside with no people under 35 (and over 18), no pubs, little western food, etc... over Kobe, one of the coolest cities in Japan in its own right and just a quick local train from Kyoto and Osaka?

The countryside is arousing, conservative, proper, traditional, wholesome.

Kobe is infected with foreign taint and glittering lights. How am I supposed to feel the mono-no-aware? Needless to say Osaka is even worse, and Kyoto, while lovely, is an ossified and unnatural relic. Inaka is the strongest :3

Edit: Ahh, I haven't said enough! The countryside is shrinking, decayed, down-on-its luck; you can feel the mold gently overcome it as it slips into disrepair. It is in the comfortable slide to destruction that feels so warm and wonderful, like a middle aged beauty going gracefully to seed. The cities (And particularly Osaka) feel almost prurient in their excessive bustle and glitter to succeed. So many of the things I reflexively give my affection and loyalty to are only found in the lovely inaka, far from the indecent bustle of Japan's odious urban centers.

Amakusa, in Kyushu, is among the very fastest shrinking areas in Japan, economically depressed, and a remote island primarily famous for hidden Christian communities. That's where i'd most want to be; ultimately I hope to find some sort of career there, once I have more comfort to be choosy. That yukkuri life sounds so delicious I can almost taste it
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 24, 2013, 08:18:02 AM

They are mint in box.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Black Dog the piewat can STFU

Josquius

Quote from: Lettow77 on August 24, 2013, 08:19:12 AM

Kobe is infected with foreign taint and glittering lights. How am I supposed to feel the mono-no-aware? Needless to say Osaka is even worse, and Kyoto, while lovely, is an ossified and unnatural relic. Inaka is the strongest :3

Edit: Ahh, I haven't said enough! The countryside is shrinking, decayed, down-on-its luck; you can feel the mold gently overcome it as it slips into disrepair. It is in the comfortable slide to destruction that feels so warm and wonderful, like a middle aged beauty going gracefully to seed. The cities (And particularly Osaka) feel almost prurient in their excessive bustle and glitter to succeed. So many of the things I reflexively give my affection and loyalty to are only found in the lovely inaka, far from the indecent bustle of Japan's odious urban centers.

Amakusa, in Kyushu, is among the very fastest shrinking areas in Japan, economically depressed, and a remote island primarily famous for hidden Christian communities. That's where i'd most want to be; ultimately I hope to find some sort of career there, once I have more comfort to be choosy. That yukkuri life sounds so delicious I can almost taste it
But I thought you wanted to find a young girl willing to say ara ara (which incidentally I've only ever heard of through you)?
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 24, 2013, 08:18:02 AM
okay, hoarder
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

He should definitely keep the one he's got that Gangstah Kitty got him that says "World's #1 Dad".
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on August 24, 2013, 08:53:44 AM
Quote from: Lettow77 on August 24, 2013, 08:19:12 AM

But I thought you wanted to find a young girl willing to say ara ara (which incidentally I've only ever heard of through you)?

I mean, Jos, he just posted about wanting to live in an economically depressed area. Boo aint got a full deck.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Lettow77

You've only heard ara ara through me? How many middle aged women do you hang out with?

(Also, Ara Ara is a very domestic, obasan kind of word. You won't hear it much from young people.)
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'