News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lustindarkness

Next weekend will be scary, we are going to an off road park to hit some trails (legally), and I told my son I'll let him drive my truck. If he flips it over I'll have to kill him. :(
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

lustindarkness

Quote from: lustindarkness on August 24, 2013, 01:35:32 PM
Next weekend will be scary, we are going to an off road park to hit some trails (legally), and I told my son I'll let him drive my truck. If he flips it over I'll have to kill him. :(

I'll miss my truck if this happens. :(
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Eddie Teach

Quote from: lustindarkness on August 24, 2013, 01:28:20 PM
30 min walk/jog while The Daughter rides bike,

How does she stay upright if she's biking that slow?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DGuller

lustindarkness

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 24, 2013, 01:47:32 PM
Quote from: lustindarkness on August 24, 2013, 01:28:20 PM
30 min walk/jog while The Daughter rides bike,

How does she stay upright if she's biking that slow?

She'll ride each street like twice while I catch up, and ride circles around me. She has to wait the old guy to catch up. :)
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on August 24, 2013, 01:22:27 PM
I don't recall both opportunities occurring concurrently. Anyway I think it would be good for you to change some scenery. :)

I was actually offered the doc review job before I interviewed with the Korean school.  It did get delayed a few weeks, but it was impressed upon me that it would start soon.

I dunno about a change of scenery.  Seems like running away from myself.  Most of my problems are problems with me.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Tonitrus

Where you going off roading at?  We're getting a 4-day Labor Day weekend down here, which means I'll have a ton of time to kill.

lustindarkness

Quote from: Tonitrus on August 24, 2013, 04:14:10 PM

Where you going off roading at?  We're getting a 4-day Labor Day weekend down here, which means I'll have a ton of time to kill.

A few cruisers from Louisiana are going to be that weekend at Hawk Pride, north west corner of AL. http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/south-east-region/136268-alabama-meet-n-greet-section-26.html#post2680641

I have a real busy weekend, I only have that Monday available. Want to drive up?
If you want to drive up a day early we have a magic birthday for my daughter on Sunday, as in a magician that pulls a rabbit from a hat.  :)
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Admiral Yi

Lusti, you plan on doing that quinciwhatever business, or is that just Mexicans?

lustindarkness

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 24, 2013, 04:35:04 PM
Lusti, you plan on doing that quinciwhatever business, or is that just Mexicans?

Ricans do it too, but not as common. Nina is too tomboy for that, I don't think she would ask for one.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

11B4V

Looking forward to this coming out.

QuoteTHE DEVIL'S GENERAL: The Life of Hyazinth Graf Strachwitz - the "Panzer Graf" Hardcover – October 1, 2013
by Raymond Bagdonas 
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

MadImmortalMan

It's a boy thing. My wife never wants to take the wheel when we're offroading. I always try to give others a turn when we have visitors in the FJ, but only the men ever take me up on the offer.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ed Anger

I have shit 6 times today. I am: fatigued.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Dude, are you all right? :unsure:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Medicinal side effects. ARRRRRRRRGH.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive